Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: O2
Accepted Solution

Getting Personal Information to display on screen during "Standby"

I've just been given a new Blackberry Curve 8900 in exchange for the one that broke with the trackball fault mentioned here a couple of weeks ago.

They couldn't repair it in the time-frame allocated so they sent me a new one.  It's very nice but the software has changed a little bit - though I Restored all my settings and data from the Backup I did on the Desktop Manager.

What I find with this new one is that when you switch to STANDBY (using the top left edge button) the Personal Information I programmed in to the phone ie Name Address and home phone number plus number of the mobile, doesn't appear on screen the way it used to on the old phone.  All I get is a blank black display.

Hours of searching has met with failure to find any way of swtiching this "on" and I can only conclude that possibly in this newer build of the same model, they've stopped it doing that display.

The Version of this new phone is.

v5.0.0.681 (Platform 5.2.0.67)

Branding Version 1.0.125.533B

Does anyone know if they have pulled that facility from the phone or whether I've not set something correctly?

Thanks.

Laurie Prior
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Getting Personal Information to display on screen during "Standby"

Hello Plado,

With the 5.0 handheld software platform, the Owner Information is only displayed when the BlackBerry is locked using a password.

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: O2

Re: Getting Personal Information to display on screen during "Standby"

Thank you muchly hmthepirate.   That's superb to know.  I thought someone would know here.

As I don't tend to use the password protection then I will just have to go without the display showing.

In an emergency if I was involved in some accident then at least someone could look into my phone address book to find ICE numbers and my home address etc.

The password system unfortunately is very intrusive meaning you have to enter it for far too many applications of the phone.   If it had been one just required during switch on, I would have used it but I don't think it is.

So anyhow I will consider you've answered this question perfectly and I'll close it forthwith.

Grateful thanks for solving the mystery.

--

Plado

Laurie Prior