Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Getting a funny msg when connecting BB to my 'puter

[ Edited ]

The USB cord I have is actually for my BB Curve 2, but it fits the Storm 9530 that I bought from my a friend. The phone is in GREAT shape & was only used for a short while. The only problem that I am having with it is when I plug in the USB cord, I get a white screen that has writing on it, but it goes away too fast & then my phone shuts off. I charge my Storm with the Curve wall charger so I'm not understanding what the problem is. I can, however, plug the USB cord into my netbook & it charges. I still get an error box the first time I plug it in that says it can't charge it. Has anyone heard of this & if so, can you PLEASE help me?! Thank you so very much! Smiley Happy

Stephanie

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Getting a funny msg when connecting BB to my 'puter

Hi there Stephanie,

It sounds to me like there is a problem with the USB port on your computer (it is unable to communicate correctly with the device or it may be causing a power surge).

Try taking a look at the following link and see if any of the steps can assist.  The condition is not exactly the same as yours, but the solutions would be the same anyhow.

KB10938

If the info there does not help, then let us know.  You can also try simply plugging it into a different USB port on the laptop.

I hope that helps!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!