Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Using Media Synch, No Songs Transferred

Do you have the device plugged in when you get the Unavailable message?

Under OPTIONS -MEDIA CARD - TURN ON MEDIA CARD SUPPORT ON  then scroll to the bottom of the screen and make sure Total space matches your cars volume ( minus the formatting space.)

Personally I use drag and drop for media files through Windows. Much easier for me.

Just make sure you have the following files on your media card as this is where the BB looks for media:

Blackberry

Music

Pictures

Ringtones

Videos

Voicenotes

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Somehow this problem repaired itself and the media synch is now working great. Thanks!
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Please take a minute and resolve the post, Thanks!
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

Re: Getting music on my 1gig card

I haven't dealt with ITunes but if you can get it to your computer you just hook up your phone thru the data port and it will show up as a mobile storage device and transfer the music on to it by copying it to the device (or saving there in the first place) And yes they sound really good. Hope this helps
Highlighted
Retired

Lance....

what version of the software are you running on your Curve?

I have 4 options in the Media Card screen....

Media Card Support: on

Encryption Mode: none

Mass Storage Mode Support: on

Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected: yes

If I turn off "Mass Storage Mode Support" I get the same error you have. 

Need additional information on BlackBerry products?

visit: http://www.blackberry.net

blackberry.net

Contributor

I got this resolved. What worked for me is turning Mass Media support OFF.
New Contributor

HELP!  I've got a Pearl and a 2 gig media card.  After quite a bit of "fooling around," I was FINALLY able to get the media card to show up as well as some of the music I transferred via Media Sync.  Now, and I hope I can explain this right, the problem seems to be that the actual "media" icon to make all of it work is missing and I don't recall ever having it.  In other words, when I click on "Media," I get the icons to chose either music, video, ringtones or pictures; when I click on "Music," I see the "Media Card," when I click on that I see "Media Sync," THEN I see .settings (which appears to be empty) as well as the songs I transferred from iTunes via Media Sync but no way to actually play them.  I can continue to click and the final notice I get says "Unable to display file/Media Card/Blackberry/music/Media Sync/Chicago" and the individual song I transferred.  What happened?  How can I play them?  I'm only "seeing" directories, obviously.  I checked my son-in-law's Blackbery and when I clicked on "Media," I got a screen where I could play, shuffle, etc.  WHAT HAPPENED TO MINE!?!?  Where and how can I get it back?

Also, AFTER I get it back, does Media Sync NOT allow you to transfer iTunes that were purchased?  Rather, does iTunes not allow that b/c those songs do not transfer.

Thanks for any and all help!

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

hello,

just a reminder : if your music file has DRM in it (that happens only when you purchase it, but not all the time), the blackberry won't be able to read it.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor

[ Edited ]
i was told a 4 gig was the largest card we could use in a curve ? right ---- wrong?
Message Edited by marcus39 on 09-02-2008 01:11 PM
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

marcus39 wrote:
i was told a 4 gig was the largest card we could use in a curve ? right ---- wrong?

hello,

it depends on the handheld device software os version you have :

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=8300&message.id=9625

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: