Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: MTS
Accepted Solution

Ghost Radar OVERCHARGE by $2.00 dollars, supposed to be $0.99 cents.

Hey does anyone know how I contact Blackberry support for a partial refund?

I bought the Ghost radar from the app store, it showed a $0.99 cent price, but looking at my

paypal receipt, it shows I was charged $2.99.. I have contacted the Support for the app, spud pickles, and he

told me to contact blackberry, but there is no way to contact them via the website..

any ideas?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Ghost Radar OVERCHARGE by $2.00 dollars, supposed to be $0.99 cents.

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

ALL support, including requests for refund from AppWorld, start in the same place as all of your BB support -- with your wireless service provider. Now, that said, some of them (the carriers) are more informed about that responsibility than others. Hence, don't let them fob you off...keep persistent and insist on escalation to their dedicated BB support staff and further all the way into RIM. Only via escalation from your carrier can you receive formal support, even for AppWorld.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Hey Thanks for the quick response,  much appreciated, How bout if I start a Paypal claim asking for a partial refund, I have already started a claim, and you usually get a refund if the seller doesnt respond to the claim.

My carrier MTS in Canada is garbage for support, and they are the kings of "refer to 3rd Party"

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

That (a paypal dispute) can work as well. However, while it will likely solve the issue for you, it will do nothing about others who might have the same thing happen to them.

Further...it just hit me...the developer was not interested in helping? That is odd to me...the developers have a dedicated communication channel into RIM that others do not have. It would seem to me that they (the developer) would be keenly interested in their product being properly processed by AppWorld...otherwise, their reputation would suffer (along with RIMs, of course). Anyway, I just thought that to be a bit odd.

Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

The developer said he does not get any customer info from Blackberry,at first he told me that I ordered it before the price drop, but I actually ordered it after the reduction. I will leave my claim in place and try to get blackberry to resolve the issue to prevent other people from having the same issue.  Kudos to you for the great replies.

thanks

Hall of Famer III

You are most welcome. And thank you for being willing to pursue the channel that will help not only yourself but potentially others in the community. Hence, the intent of these forums...the BlackBerry Community Support Forums!