Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Reply
Posts: 95,493
Likes: 24,540
Solutions: 6,396
Registered: ‎04-01-2008
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Give me Blackberry OS 6 or I go to Android


ilikecookies wrote:

i love blackberry, but their crappy innovation centre in waterloo just sucks compared to Android & Apple.


lol, no you don't. You're posts just reek of an unhappy individual.


ilikecookies wrote:

 Storm 2 were all launched in the US first, and as far as I can remember all their phones are always launched first in the US, in recent memory.


Nope, it was launched simultaneously in Europe.


ilikecookies wrote:

 they could at least launch phones at the same time in both markets,


Not if a carriers pays them additional for an exclusive launch in one market for 30 days, or such.

That's business, and you'd be second-guessing why RIM doesn't do that if they didn't.

 


ilikecookies wrote:

at the end of the day RIM is a sluggish slow company, and im not the only one who feels this way. 


I can't argue with that.

 

 



1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Regular Contributor
Posts: 63
Registered: ‎01-05-2010
My Device: LEAP
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Give me Blackberry OS 6 or I go to Android

To Cookies.
Some points you state I feel different about. Perhaps the slow innovation of RIM's products is to get it right the first time as opposed to MS with all their weak points, mistakes, security holes and more in their software products. 

I don't understand why you call Playbook lam when it hasn't even been released yet. You certainly can not count on tech critics and their advance writings. There is so much BS involved there with advertising vs. positive/negative reviews.

As for the apps. How many can you possibly download to your device before the device is clogged and slowed down. How many apps can you use during your daily requirements. I've downloaded just two apps. Compass and BB traffic (which I recommend). I will probably download one more.

I was surprisingly impressed my 9700 booted up in 3 seconds and was ready to use. MS mobile is so annoying waiting forever (as it felt) to boot up then waiting for the sim card to be validated. Android is better booting up but not as fast as BB.

Using BB operating system imo is logically thought out as you think it should function. I can tell you Android 2.1 is definitely not user friendly regarding email, sms and calling. You have to learn the extra steps involved to get to your destination. I can't tell you how many incorrect phone calls were made because of Android's illogical steps. Under all circumstances you will choose what's best for you. 



Contributor
Posts: 14
Registered: ‎10-30-2010
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Give me Blackberry OS 6 or I go to Android

 


harvfl wrote:

To Cookies.
Some points you state I feel different about. Perhaps the slow innovation of RIM's products is to get it right the first time as opposed to MS with all their weak points, mistakes, security holes and more in their software products.


I was never talking about Microsoft. I hate Microsoft. You missed the point, are you saying iPhone software isnt perfected when Steve Jobs releases it, I highly doubt it that's why their phones are so popular.

 

 



I don't understand why you call Playbook lam when it hasn't even been released yet. You certainly can not count on tech critics and their advance writings. There is so much BS involved there with advertising vs. positive/negative reviews.



Its designed to "sync" only - already a fail - syncing never works, people don't have time for it, or at I don't. FAIL PRODUCT, its ugly too, and not the photoshoped pictures the live photos are fugly and not elegant or streamlined at all.

 

I have friends who work at RIM and I know the culture there while people there are very smart they are not creative, they're like Android, geeks but not very creative like Apple.

 

 



I was surprisingly impressed my 9700 booted up in 3 seconds and was ready to use. MS mobile is so annoying waiting forever (as it felt) to boot up then waiting for the sim card to be validated. Android is better booting up but not as fast as BB.

Using BB operating system imo is logically thought out as you think it should function. I can tell you Android 2.1 is definitely not user friendly regarding email, sms and calling. You have to learn the extra steps involved to get to your destination. I can't tell you how many incorrect phone calls were made because of Android's illogical steps. Under all circumstances you will choose what's best for you. 




 

 

your clearly lying when you say your blackberry boots in "3 secs" a blackberry starting up takes foreevvvveerrrrrrr

 

FYI: Blackberry Losers, who are still in denial that this company and brand will survive on its current path Dell is moving all their employees to a Dell WinMo7 Phone, Bank of America, CISCO, JPMorgan, CITI Bank are investigating dropping BlackBerry for iPhone/Android/Others support.

 

so HA, I'm not wrong, and the reason for Blackberry's failure downfall is their complete ignorance at failing to listen to their customers like me.

 

and I found out its up to RIM and not carriers of when OS6 get released. so there you have it. I was right all along.

 

Blackberry is **bleep**, and writing this post just made me angrier.

 

Developer
Posts: 2,462
Registered: ‎11-04-2010
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: Give me Blackberry OS 6 or I go to Android

o yah... im def feelin ur love for blackberry haha... must be one of those s&m relationships Smiley Very Happy

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Forums Veteran I
Posts: 2,119
Registered: ‎08-07-2010
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook , HS-700 headset
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Give me Blackberry OS 6 or I go to Android

 


ilikecookies wrote:

 


I was never talking about Microsoft. I hate Microsoft. You missed the point, are you saying iPhone software isnt perfected when Steve Jobs releases it, I highly doubt it that's why their phones are so popular.

 

 


You did most definately mention Microsoft.

 

And yes I am absolutely saying that iPhone software isnt perfected, have you read ANY of the reports on the issues apple is having? Many of it hardware, many of it software.

The only reason why it is so popular is because it is a shiny toy that people like to play with.

 

 


ilikecookies wrote:

 

FYI: Blackberry Losers, who are still in denial that this company and brand will survive on its current path Dell is moving all their employees to a Dell WinMo7 Phone

 


 

Of course Dell would give all its employees a Dell phone. that just makes sense. I fail to see how that has any impact at all.

 

"so HA, I'm not wrong, and the reason for Blackberry's failure downfall is their complete ignorance at failing to listen to their customers like me." why would any company listen to a rant like this?

Also, in case you didnt read it, these are user-to-user forums... RIM isnt listening here. I would suggest the "contact us" link at the bottom if you wanted to right a Formal complaint instead of a juvenile rant.

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!
3). Remember to have fun! We are all in this together!
4). Follow me on Follow Raelic1337 on Twitter

Contributor
Posts: 14
Registered: ‎10-30-2010
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Give me Blackberry OS 6 or I go to Android

[ Edited ]

i really don't care if nobody reads my posts from RIM.

 

at this point, i'm a lost Blackberry fan, and if I see this company fail I will be very happy because its run by {Please keep your posts courteous} who don't understand what's going in the market.

 

if I can influence anyone that read my posts this company is idiotic I'm happy. 

 

My next phone for sure will not be a Blackberry, and I'm switching my employees to some other phone. 

 

"RIM has also not been very forthcoming about whther the Bold 9700 will ever see an OS 6 update although a couple of days back, a leaked version of OS 6 for the Bold was available on the Internet."

 

its up to RIM and not the carriers its in both of their interests, more so for RIM in Canada to delay the update. 

 

Rogers (the carrier I'm on) is desperate to get people locked onto 3yr contracts given the onslaught of new competition that saw their profits drop 24% - why would they give existing ppl OS6 when they can get them to upgrade to a OS6 device with a new 3 yr contract.

 

RIM benefits by selling more devices and bragging about how its still a :"leader" in smartphones when the quarter ends

 

http://www.pcworld.in/news/blackberry-storm-2-bold-9700-get-os-updates-40282010

 

 

Contributor
Posts: 14
Registered: ‎10-30-2010
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Give me Blackberry OS 6 or I go to Android

 

 

Of course Dell would give all its employees a Dell phone. that just makes sense. I fail to see how that has any impact at all.

 

"so HA, I'm not wrong, and the reason for Blackberry's failure downfall is their complete ignorance at failing to listen to their customers like me." why would any company listen to a rant like this?

Also, in case you didnt read it, these are user-to-user forums... RIM isnt listening here. I would suggest the "contact us" link at the bottom if you wanted to right a Formal complaint instead of a juvenile rant.

 

 

 


 

Dell has 258000 people on corporate Blackberries - this is important because THE ONLY REASON why RIM hasn't crumbled like Palm is because they have corporate customers locked in.

 

Every single company is trying to cut costs - if they can remove people off Blackberries and paying for their phones, every company would do it.

 

then phewww there goes RIM. If Dell is successful I can guarantee you its the beginning of the end for RIM, one year later the company will be bought, or file for bankruptcy. 

 

and I can't for that day to say "i told you so" 

New Member
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎11-07-2010
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Mobile One

Re: Give me Blackberry OS 6 or I go to Android

I do agree on this point. I am using Samsung Galaxy S with Android as well as HTC Legend, again with Android. The release of their updates are extremely slow. OS 6 for my Bold 9700 is slow too. Basically everyone are slow Smiley Happy

 

 Google, RIM and Apple are good in boosting their new updates worldwide and making consumers hungry for all those updates. But they fail to deliver on time.

 

Android phones have many versions and definitely their updates gonna be extremely slow. Samsung Galaxy S itself have a few different versions in the US, so expect the new update run like a snail.

 

 

New Member
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎11-21-2010
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Give me Blackberry OS 6 or I go to Android

 

it's like RIM can't see the forest from the trees. LOYAL Blackberry customers are going to start to defect, and the best answer RIM spokespeople have is to try and sell these same LOYAL customers marketing material that their LOYAL customers have been telling their non-blackberry counterparts for years.

you can keep telling your loyal fanbase to behave, or you can actually innovate and reward them. you want to ignore a growing chorus and pretend it's just some tiny minority that's complaining...do so at your peril. good luck with retaining and obtaining new customers. on the business side you already have some major corporations looking into implementing the iPhone.

i mean how deaf can you be? the person who used the term sluggish and slow is correct. this is a growing perception of the state of RIM.
so am i some lone, mobile OS crazed individual that should be ingored? or am i part of a growing chorus of dissatisfied, LOYAL customers? you better be sure before you answer that.

harvfl wrote:

agree with another commentor you should call your carrier than post threathening comments here on this thread. If you love BB, stay with RIM.  Why?

.....

The onscreen touch keyboard on Android is too small for adult fingers. You consently get incorrect letters and numbers and must correct your mistakes which is time consuming.

As for Apple, why pay for an overpriced device when the company's CEO refuses to allow applications or functions on the iphone simply because he personally does not like that item.  If you live in the NY tri-state area expect numerous dropped calls. Thousands of Apple users are dissatisfied.

I suggest you stay with a professionally functioning cell phone instead of a fashion toy.


 

 

Highlighted
Contributor
Posts: 14
Registered: ‎10-30-2010
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Give me Blackberry OS 6 or I go to Android

i switched to Android, and while yes, its slower to type, i manage. but i'm also a little bit more productive because of apps i have access too. i mac air, so for business, i also have access to a full keyboard for long emails. tohers i can manage with the "crappy android keyboard"

 

i considered going back to blackberry, but this company is too pathetic for me to give it another chance.