Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Solutions: 6,358
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Glitch with Blackberry 9900 and Youtube Videos

Nope. Now you've removed the evil it policy.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code

So, any luck yet?

Also, to add, you pay Rogers good money each month for support. For ANY issue related to the software installed on and the hardware you're using as well as the BlackBerry Internet Service.

I knew Rogers would pass you off again, they're known for that. But you pay them for support, by contract. In turn, they provide the front-line support and "triage" so to speak, for issues that must be escalated up to RIM. You pay them for this.

Same as your automobile, for warranty and service issues, you go to the local dealer, who in turn services that warranty for the manufacturer. You don't call or drive your car to Detroit or Tokyo. RIM's support (much as you curse it) is set on a similar plan.

You really should demand better service from Rogers on this. They can, absolutely can, escalate this issue up to RIM level support, free of charge. And they are lying to you and refusing to provide you what you're paying them for.

So regardless of what you wrongly think of RIM at this point, you're frustration and anger is misplaced. Yes, as you said, you have a right to frustrated (is that a right or privilege?), but you also have the option, or choice, to be graceful during this process towards RIM (who enables this community support forum in which you received the only support possible so far).

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

I'm sorry but I have a product that comes from RIM and sold by Rogers and if this product worked properly and companies provided better support/service, I wouldn't be here and we wouldn't be having this conversation. My frustration is not misguided. It's directed at the right companies. RIM for their glitchy product and lack of support in stepping up to the plate to provide a solution/fix and Roges for lack of support. If I were bashing Bell then that would be misguided. Why does a consumer need to resort to blogs, forums, google, and contact their ISP 6 times and the company that made the phone 3 times and still no solution or acknowledgment? Yes, it's my right to be frustrated.

[ Edited ]

You don't need to resort to all this junk.

You need to force the contract with Rogers for which you pay them. I'm sorry you are misguided at where you're directing your frustration. Rogers sold you a device, RIM did not. RIM manufactured it and provides the network AFTER it leaves the Rogers network.

You need to get in Rogers' face with all this. They are treating you, their customer, like **bleep**. I don't see how you get that.

Again, if you buy a Maytag clothes washer at your local appliance store, and it doesn't work correctly and you call the local appliance store and they say, oh well, YOU need to call the DETERGENT manufacture, I'm sure you'd laugh out loud. 

Rogers is your problem.

And we are simply users like you, trying to help.

Knowledge Base Updates
Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Trust me I get it but you're missing my point. Rogers didn't create the youtube app that comes with my device. It's like me contacting them to say "hey my weather app isn't working properly." What can they possibly do about it? Nothing. Maybe offer suggestions to remove it and reinstall or other remedies. Everything else that I pay for through Rogers works fine, browsing, email, social media, video, etc.. It's Youtube mobile that doesn't work properly. They don't have a team of developers at rogers working on patches and fixes for a product they didn't create. That's RIM! I can certainly try to have them escalate it but where will that get me? I went directly to Blackberry as well. They told me to contact the developers. For real. Yes I pay for a service through Rogers but I don't see how they will be able to fix a 3rd party mobile app. I'm tired of fighting it and quite honestly tired of this discussion.
Contributor
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: rogers

Jsander let me explain this if it was a rogers issue with our data plan we wouldn't be able to surf or stream videos. The fact both her an I can do so outside of youtube, leads every tech to believe the issue stem from the phone itself/OS and the 3rd party program/website youtube. I am going to future shop tomorrow to test out another 9900 in the store to see if the problem occurs. If it does the same then there is a glitch with the new update rim provided would be my guess.

Neither of you are getting the point, or refuse to understand it., so it's worthless going forward to try to explain further that Rogers is your KEY to getting the issue escalated to RIM. I have never said this is not RIM's issue to deal with  but I have tried over and over to get Page to understand that Rogers is blocking her access to RIM's tech support and getting it logged as an incident with RIM.

That's RIM's support model.

Sorry, I tried to help you understand. I hope you can get RIM otherwise and get this settled. When you do, they will be helpful in troubleshooting this beyond what we can do here.

Knowledge Base Updates
Highlighted
Contributor

J I told page that rim has the issue logged for the dev team and the # I called to speak with RIM CS to report the Issue. As a final solution for Page is that she tries an older version of OS before the 7.1 version. If that fixes the issue then the dev team has a glitch with the new version of the os. If using 7.0 version doesn't work to solve the issue ill just wait till a new update occurs for the os and hope the dev team fixed the issue. As for myself J and Wolf please understand how appreciated I am of the help you offered to both of us it appreciated emensly. The only reason I mentioned the older OS fix. I had an issue with my 9700 I was told by rogers to install last version prior to the update when I installed an older version of the OS it corrected the problem I had. When I get home from work Ill try that and hopes it works. Thx you again J and Wolf.

Good, that is worth the time, to try. Good luck with it, and you're welcome.

Please do follow up here and let us know?

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

I loaded a 7.0 version of the os even that didnt fix the problem oh well I tried my best. not sure what else we can do but the issue been forward to rim dev team they'll hopefully have a fix in the near future. again thx for everything J,