Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Glitch with Blackberry 9900 and Youtube Videos

JSanders wrote:
Ok page. You have a BES it policy. That kb might apply to you and you need to contatct your BES admin to make that change.

Synthetic, your issues are.not the same as page. Your posts here really need.their own thread, unrelated.to the original poster. Similar, not the same.

My BES admin? Who is that? My service provider shipped me the phone 2 weeks ago as part of a promo upgrade. I know nothing about a BES admin. What is that? lol

Contributor
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: rogers

[ Edited ]

Our issue are identical we both cant stream youtube videos on our data plan for more then 1 minute 18 sec. how is that not the same issue. I cant stream via app world app or the browser site,  we both get the identical error message. 

Regular Contributor

synthetic-darkness wrote:

Our issue are identical we both cant stream youtube videos on our data plan for more then 1 minute 18 sec. how is that not the same issue. I cant stream via app world app or the browser site,  we both get the identical error message. 

Yes so frustrating. It's the mobile app and how it communicates with our device. My service provider won't even touch the issue. It's out of their control because the problem is only with youtube and not all videos. I have no problems watching videos on cnn for example. It's the mobile version of youtube that's messed. I am going to try a forced reload.

Contributor

i did everything reloaded, wipe reloaded used a different carriers version of the os. nothing is working i even tried disabling my pop up blocker on the browser nothing.
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

[ Edited ]

Syn:

I'm sorry you went through all of that with the same results.  Here is another option.  Can you take it to rogers and show them?  maybe they can give you another device.  If they have a 9900 device on site, see if it does the same thing.  is that an option for you?

yes ill try that i have a product protection plan with future shop ill see if they have the same problem maybe they might have a fix for the phone.

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Please keep us posted.

My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Page you have an it pplicy on hour device. I don't know from where or who or how, but you do.

Syn. That's the difference. It really is hard to troubleshoot two devices at one time in one thread. But whatever, nevermind it is what it is now.

Page: have called Rogers back yet with the specific instructions I asked you to use for them?

And for what it's worth, this is a user to user community support forum which RIM has made available. Three very knowledgeable & experienced users are geyingnto help you. I personally would appreciate less cursing of RIM and what they haven't done for you. We're fans of RIM and we lile to assist other users. Knocking RIM doesn't make me, personally, doesn't tell me you appreciate anything or the time we've taken with this issue. I can read twitter. Not impressed.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Regular Contributor

J, you and the others on here are the only ones that have been trying to help resolve this issue and I've expressed my appreciation over several of my posts on this forum by way of saying thank you a few times. The comments on twitter were directed at my Service Provider and Blackberry which I'm sure isn't the first time you've seen or heard these types of comments coming from frustrated customers. We have every right to be frustrated. Not one person from Blackberry has given me any possible solutions when I contacted them directly. In fact, they left the burden up to me, the customer to try and resolve.

Thanks for your help and everyone else on here who actually cares.

I did call my provider again and asked to have it escalated to RIM but they refused to do that and indicated I know contact Youtube.

I give up!

Regular Contributor

Oh and after I did the reload, my email address no longer appears under Security Services. Now I see *no service* I don't have a BES Admin. Probably just another glitch of some sort