Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Gmail and Yahoo Mail does not display older email messages from the inbox

Why is the Gmail and Yahoo mail inbox not displaying older email messages from the inbox ?

In my Gmail Inbox , I have 20 older email messages that is displayed using a web browser , but it does not appear in my Torch .

Is there a way to sync older email messages that is already read and older than 3 months ??

Thank you

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Gmail and Yahoo Mail does not display older email messages from the inbox

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Via the native Messages app, the design includes bringing only new messages to the BB that arrive in the integrated email account after the point of configuration in BIS. There is no facility to bring older emails to the BB. This is by design.

For GMail, if you can use the add-on GMail app, it will replicate your GMail inbox onto your BB. I do not know if GMail has made it compatible with BB OS 6 or not.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Priv
My Carrier: Three UK

Also, under Messages - Options - Message Display & Actions you can set how long messages are kept on the blackberry before they are deleted. The default is 30 days I believe

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Hi Sdgardne,

I hope you could shed some light into the issue with my BB. I have had the BB for almost 2 years, but this happened first time. I integrated a few days ago YAHOO mail with my BB. After a few hours I received on my BB an odd email from 1999. It turned to be that it was the oldest message from my yahoo inbox dated 1999. 

This is so odd, cause this is actually the first message in my inbox which I received in 1999. Other old messages didn't transfer.   

I have read on this forum, that BB doesn't have the option to transfer the old messages, and here I am receiving this email back from 1999 from a person I don't even remember. You should have seen how I freaked out when i saw this message in my BB.

So I went to my computer, to check if the email was in my inbox with a date December 2010. And, NO it wasn't there. I found the message backing through the emails till 1999.

I hope you can answer my dillema.

Thank you.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hi there!

Well, with computing, anything is possible. What it did for you is certainly outside of the bounds of the design as I understand it. What BIS does is check some flags on the messages that indicate whether or not each message is "new" for BIS...and, if so, then BIS brings the message down. I've had discussions here with others who have restored mailboxes (private POP usually), resulting in all of the emails coming down to the BB since that flag somehow, for BIS, got reset to "new" for all emails. All I can guess is that somehow, at Yahoo, they reset the flag on that one email such that BIS sensed it as a new email, and dutifully brought it to you.

Hope that helps!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: Rogers

jamead1981 writes: "under Messages - Options - Message Display & Actions you can set how long messages are kept on the blackberry"

This is not the case with the Gmail plugin.  Any messages over 30 days old will be deleted despite the retention policy setting that is referred to.  There is ample evidence of this online even though it is not documented.