Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Vodacom South Africa

Gmail contacts and calender no longer sync with my BlackBerry

Hi 

I noticed a while back that the contacts and calender events that I enter through Google Chrome on my Gmail account don't show up on my BB anymore. It used to take a day or three, but now it is simply not doing anything. 

CICAL, SYNC and CMIME are still set to Gmail. BB Desktop Software is set to sync wirelessly, as before. When I go to Contacts Options on my BB it shows one contact list and that is labelled "unknown". Also, in email account management it is set to sync contacts, calender, etc. 

Thanks in advance!

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Gmail contacts and calender no longer sync with my BlackBerry

Hi lionelm,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

Can you please try reinserting your battery then sending email service books to your BlackBerry® smartphone to see if that resolves the issue? This KB article provides the steps to resend service books. http://bbry.lv/NM7qnG

Let me know if this resolves the issue for you.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Vodacom South Africa

Hi 

I have successfully re-sent the service books twice now with no luck in resolving the issue. My BB calender is communicating with my Gmail calender but that is also limited to one way sync'ing with certain items such as deleting  an event...

My main issue though is still the contacts...?

Thanks in advance,

Lionel

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Hey lionelm,

Can you please try forcing a synchronization of your Gmail calendar and contacts to see if that resolves the issue? On your BlackBerry smartphone, click Setup > Email Accounts and select the Gmail account. Remove the checkmark from the Wireless Synchronization checkboxes next to Calendar and Contacts and click Save. Then place the Checkmarks back in the Wireless Synchronization checkboxes and click Save again. Let me know if this helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!