Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000
My Carrier: AT&
Accepted Solution

Gmail folder

Hi,

Recently I had the misfortune of an O/S crash and had to reinstall the O/S, which means that I lost everything...data, contacts, apps..all of it. Now I am rebuilding what I had and for the life of me, I can't remember how I got my email folders.

I had separate folders for Gmail, Blackberry and SBCGlobal. In the Gmail folder, I even was able to use the same folders I have in my desktop/laptop setups, including filters. But now, I can't remember how I was able to get them, and I have all my email coming into the default folder and disorganized.

Can anyone point me in a direction that will help me to regain that same setup? I have been through Google and the best I come up with is there mobile app thing, which is not the same. In addition, before I could separate my Gcal from my BB Cal, but that option doesn't exist anymore.

Unfortunately, I didn't do a backup, so I guess this is a valualbe lesson learned.

But I will greatly appreciate any info anyone can shed on this for me.

Thanks in advance,

Jake

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Gmail folder

do I understand correctly ? within one mailbox, you had several folders on your PC folders, and had exactly the same on your BlackBerry.

If that is the case, then you probably used BES synchronization. Please contact the IT of your company so they can activate your device to the corporate BES again.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000
My Carrier: AT&

Re: Gmail folder

No, actually I had separate mailboxes. However, I have since rebuilt things and am functioning normally.

Thanks for the query, though...

J