Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Gmail messages appearing in both my Outlook and Gmail inboxes

I have two e-mail accounts set up on my Blackberry.  One account is set up through my work and is an Outlook account.  The other is a gmail account for my personal e-mails.  For some reason, e-mails sent to my gmail account show up in both of my inboxes on my Blackberry.  When I access my Outlook account from work or from my laptop, the gmail e-mails are not there; they only show up on my Blackberry.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Highlighted
Forums Veteran II
My Device: Bold

Re: Gmail messages appearing in both my Outlook and Gmail inboxes

This is how BlackBerry handhelds function.  If you're on a BES and you use a BIS integrated mailbox they both show up by default under the Messages icon.  The Messages icon serves as a place for all messages to come in.

If you'd like to separate out your BES mail to its own icon, your BES admin would need to have 4.1 SP5 on your BES and enable: KB15003 - Turn on or turn off the Enterprise-Only Message Application icon in BlackBerry Enterprise ...

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
New Contributor

Thanks.
New Contributor

Without understanding BES or the codes; can someone tell me whether I can forward all gmail email received to my alternate address controlled by my BES account; and further, if that's entirely possible, can I manually forward gmail emails to my BES account (my BES is controlled by my employer and sends employee emails to my BB Bold.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

JUV2000 wrote:

Without understanding BES or the codes; can someone tell me whether I can forward all gmail email received to my alternate address controlled by my BES account; and further, if that's entirely possible, can I manually forward gmail emails to my BES account (my BES is controlled by my employer and sends employee emails to my BB Bold.

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Inside of GMail, I think you can set up an auto-forward to wherever you want. For manual forward, you'd have to log into GMail and forward only those items you choose.

Good luck and let us know!

(BTW -- if you need to continue this conversation, we will have it split from this thread as they are unrelated.)

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Thanks so very very much!  I will now talk with my computer folks at work who configured my BBBold for their Enterprise Server and see if I can have all gmail forwarded to my work email so that I would have it on my desk computer as well as on my phone.