Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000

Gmail no longer pushed to Bold as of 05/07/2009

Hi,

all of a sudden I am no longer receiving my gmail emails on my bold.

I have not changed anything on my handset.

I am on Orange UK.

I can receive emails on my handset via my blackberry.orange.co.uk email address, that works fine and for the moment I am forwarding all my gmail mail to my blackberry.orange.co.uk account to allow them to arrive on my bold.

I have tried resending the service books but this did not help, I have deleted my email accounts from my BIS and then re-added them, this did not work.

I have sent messages from various other accounts to my gmail account prior to setting up the forwarding to no avail.

After setting up forwarding I sent an email to myself from my gmail account and that did not come through.

I have tried calling Orange Blackberry Tech but have so far been given the run around with various telephone numbers but not actually getting through to someone who can help. I am trying to call from a landline, not my handset and there doesn't seem to be a dedicated landline number for Blackberry tech on Orange.

Is anyone else experiencing these problems?

Could it be on Google's end as they have recently updated the web mail page, which does keep stating that SOME OF GOOGLE MAIL FEATURES HAVE FAILED TO LOAD and I have to use an older version?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers..,

Regards
Kirk
p.s. Vote for BOLD
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Gmail no longer pushed to Bold as of 05/07/2009

I think I may have solved this.

It seems that Blackberry have updated the BIS and it no longer provides POP support for Gmail, only IMAP.

I followed the instruction on Blackberry support to delete my gmail account from my BIS and then re-add it but specify the settings myself as imap.gmail.com.

This still did not work.

I then downloaded the Gmail app from google to my phone which to start with I thought would be no good as it looked like a kind off browser app which would mean having to connect to the web to check mail.

I was wrong, after I had downloaded the app and done a little setting up I disconnected my wifi and sent a number of test emails from various account using my PC and low and behold my BB sprang into life notifying me of new mail and they were in my message folder waiting.

It does seem like the the 2.6 update of the BIS still has a few holes.

This 2.6 BIS update was implemented about a month ago but it seems as far as Orange UK are concerned that it all kicked in yesterday (Sunday).

I am happy at the moment that I can now receive my gmail emails on my BB using the gmail app, time of course will tell.

Cheers Smiley Wink

Regards
Kirk
p.s. Vote for BOLD
Solutions: 6,380
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

It was actually BIS 2.7 which has been recently implemented.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Regular Contributor

Hi,

after further searching I can see that you are correct in that it is 2.7. I must have been reading an old post:-

Blackberry Internet Service Update

Of course I will post it as solved once I have left enough time to make sure this work around actual does work consistantly Smiley Wink

Cheers

Regards
Kirk
p.s. Vote for BOLD
Regular Contributor

Well further to this issue I received my last email to my BB last night and have not received any since even though my inbox on my PC's email client has a multitude of emails.

I am guessing that the workaround that seemed to work yesterday is not the total fix I thought it was.

Could this be a network fault, as google is obviously working because the message are getting to my PC just not my BB?

Cheers..,

Regards
Kirk
p.s. Vote for BOLD