Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Gmail notification errors

I have a Bold that is great to use, but for some reason it has a progressive notification problem.  Gmail works as advertised, and notifies me of all new emails.  The problem is that sometimes the notifier shows messages when there are none.

Currently it's showing (3) xxxxxxxxxx.gmail.com with the envelope on the top of the screen (without the red star "new" notifier).  I've looked in all folders and found no messages, I've pressed "u" to be told there are no new messages.  I've gone into the gmail account and deleted all sent msgs, trash, and spam folder, verified no drafts, etc...just to make sure one of these isn't tripping the notifier.  Nothing.

Someone sugested popping the battery to solve the problem, and it does work, for a while.  Eventually though the counter refuses to behave and I end up with the same issue.  Popping a battery is not a long term solution.

This isn't a real problem, per se, but it is annoying.  What's more, I haven't managed to figure out a way to replicate the issue at will, it just seems to happen when it happens.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000 T-Mob UK

Re: Gmail notification errors

Do you have the GMail set up as the Application from Google or is it set up as an e-mail account on the BlackBerry (through the carrier website)? If its the Application, try and set it up with the BlackBerry website for your carrier and see if that is better. If its an e-mail account on your BlackBerry, then try the Application. Google apps on the BlackBerry are quite good anyway.

Hope this helps

JD

When all else fails, just ask your friend what happened. They won't know but at least your both failing in style!

Please consider Kudos when I help you resolve an issue!
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Fair enough.  I'm getting my email through blackberry and not set up as a google app.  Maybe I'll put on the google app and see if that helps.

Thanks.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000 T-Mob UK

No problem. The Google Apps tend to be quite good if Im honest, but I dont know why its causing problems on the BlackBerry

Cheers

JD

When all else fails, just ask your friend what happened. They won't know but at least your both failing in style!

Please consider Kudos when I help you resolve an issue!