Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: MTN

Gmail problem

Hi everyone,

I have a problem on my 9800 Torch with my Gmail mailbox.

Whenever I send a mail from my device

- it marks the sent-mail with a tick next to it,

- the mail does get sent to where ever, BUT it sends the exact same mail directly back to my INBOX as a mail.

PLEASE HELP??????

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 OS Leaked 10.2.0.1725 | STL100-2
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

Re: Gmail problem

DieterBuitendag wrote:

Hi everyone,

I have a problem on my 9800 Torch with my Gmail mailbox.

Whenever I send a mail from my device

- it marks the sent-mail with a tick next to it,

- the mail does get sent to where ever, BUT it sends the exact same mail directly back to my INBOX as a mail.

PLEASE HELP??????

Hi DieterBuitendag,

Please remove your battery while your BlackBerry in ON and reinsert again in a few seconds. If the problem persists, delete your email and add again.

Thanks! Hope it helps.

Good luck!

Please thank those who help you by clicking the button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"

My Device: 9810
My Carrier: ATT

I have another gmail problem> my company has a domain name but using gmail to send and receive emails. I tried many times to set up the account but it keep saying that email address or password is incorrect and we should contact our administrator to figure this out. Our administrator is our IT guy and he researched for a while and set up a shortcut to gmail and put an icon on my desktop. However, this email is not downloaded into my phone so each time I click it, it will go to the web and pull in the email. The format is similar to gmail but it is totally different from my Yahoo emails which integrated very well into the blackberry system: emails are being pushed and the messages incorporated into the main message icon. Replys are simple using the screen icon instead of having to click a few more buttons on the web to do replay. Besides, pushed emails can be read offline but web based emails seem to require log in and data signal or wifi.

I am not sure what else to try, I have tried to integrate the email with no success. Now I cannot even find the choice of gmail as a choice to integrate.

Larry

My Device: 9810
My Carrier: ATT

I tried to set up using email set up again and I got it done today.

There is a email setting for gmail (along with Yahoo,, AOL, etc) and I retype the account name using the domain name instead of @gmail.com and it went through today. Not sure what has happened today but it is fine now.

Before that, I deleted a twitter app and so my phone was rebooted so it might have taken care of the previous issues.

Larry

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 OS Leaked 10.2.0.1725 | STL100-2
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

Larry55 wrote:

I tried to set up using email set up again and I got it done today.

There is a email setting for gmail (along with Yahoo,, AOL, etc) and I retype the account name using the domain name instead of @gmail.com and it went through today. Not sure what has happened today but it is fine now.

Before that, I deleted a twitter app and so my phone was rebooted so it might have taken care of the previous issues.

Larry

Nice, you've got a solution.

Enjoy!

Please thank those who help you by clicking the button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: MTN

I deleted my GMail account from my phone and re-installed it.  It resolved my issue about placing a mail back into my inbox.

HOWEVER, now I have another problem - How do I setup the account to display whatever is in the INBOX and also to display SENT items?.

Thanks