Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Gmail synching....

Just switched back to Bberry from iphone and am having a real issue... I used to have a corporate email but now I am on gmail.  The blackberry doesn't seem to reflect anything I do in my gmail account, so I have thousands of emails on my blackberry while they are nicely sorted into folders, deleted and read in my gmail account.  Is there no way to synch the blackberry inbox so it looks just like the gmail inbox?  

Thanks so much for any advice! 

Contributor

Re: Gmail synching....

I have the same problem where whenever I get an email, I have to archive it or delete it in the gmail app, and then mark it as read in the messages folder as well...gets kinda annoying after awhile, and if you ask why I don't just get rid of the gmail app it's because I can organize my messages by putting them into folders and archiving, which you can't do with the normal blackberry email service.
New Contributor

hmm... this is making me want to go back to iphone... 
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Well the Messages database on a BlackBerry just shows you all of the incoming messages. You can only file folders if you're on a BES (corporate email), not a BIS (personal email), which Gmail is.

The "synching" is one-way only from the device to Gmail:

• If you delete an email on the BlackBerry, it will delete from Gmail
  • If you mark an emaiil as read/unread on the BlackBerry, then it will update in Gmail accordingly
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor

i see. so this will be the same issue if i use entourage?

thanks so much!

Elite I

How would you use Entourage? Does Entourage have your gmail setup or does it have corporate email in it?
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
New Contributor

i would use a time warner cable roadrunner account in entourage... coming off gmail.

New Contributor

or could i use an att.blackberry account through entourage?  i am so clueless :-)
Elite I

Yes, you'd still run into the same situation. When you setup the email accounts on a BlackBerry it just pulls the email directly from gmail so it doesn't matter if the email is coming into an email client also.
New Contributor

sorry - i was unclear.  i would not be using gmail.  i would use a roadrunner or blackberry email account through entourage.  thanks!