Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Bel Mobility Canada

Gmail syncing not working - among other things

I have a BB bold and I have a corproeate e-mai laccount installed.  I also added my personal gmail account.  The major problems I am hacing are:

1.  When I send an e-mail from a computer, that sent item does not show up on my BB.

2.  and Secondly, but not as important, My BB wants to ALWAYS use folders for e-mails with the same subject.  I DO NOT have it set to use folders, but it contineus to.  I have tried changing the setting a few times, but the BB does not see mto care and continues to use folders.

i have re-installed the gmail account a few times, and it does not seem to matter for the 2 issues above.  Note that I am NOT using m.google.com.  My reason is that, just like my corproate account, I want my BB to tell me (a beep, a vibrate, etc - whatever the setting - mine to 2 vibrates) when I recieve an e-mail.  It looks like m.google.com can't do that (if it can, someone please let me know how).

This has become quite frustrating.  so thank you in advance for everyone's replys - any advice apreciated. 

New Contributor
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Bel Mobility Canada

Re: Gmail syncing not working - among other things

FYI, here is info on my BB:

BlackBerry® 9780

smartphone (3G, Wi-Fi)

6.0 Bundle 2647 (v6.0.0.600, Platform 6.6.0.223) 3G Bands 1,2,5,6 Cryptographic Kernel v3.8.6.5 Branding Version: 1.0.75.696t Micro Edition Configuration: CLDC-1.1 Micro Edition Profile: MIDP-2.1 Micro Edition JTWI Version: 1.0 Micro Edition Media Version: 1.1 Micro Edition PIM Version: 1.0 Micro Edition File Version: 1.0 Micro Edition Bluetooth Version: 1.1 Micro Edition Location Version: 1.0.1 Micro Edition Security and Trust Services (APDU) Version: 1.0 WLAN Version: 4.3.0.85 www.blackberry.com Copyright ©  1997-2010 Research In Motion Limited.

All rights reserved.

Portions of the browser are copyright 4thpass.

The RIM and BlackBerry families of related marks, images and symbols are the exclusive properties and trademarks of Research In Motion Limited.  RIM, Research In Motion, and BlackBerry are registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and may be pending or registered in other countries.