Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: AT&T

GoDaddy Email Delay To BB 9000

I have been fighting a delay problem getting emails from godaddy to my device which is a Bold 9000. The godaddy support people tell me it should be a pop server and the device is forcing the server is being forced to an imap server. When I try to change the server name for that email address I get an error message say its incorrect and changes it back?

Has anyone else had this issue?

Highlighted
New Contributor

Issues with email delays to BB 9000

I am not experiencing 2-12 hour delays getting emails from my business email hosted by Godaddy to my BB 9000. My data provider is AT&T. This started about 7-10 days ago and between GoDaddy and AT&T I have gotten nowhere, each blaming it on the other. Godaddy tells me that it a server outisde their systems called -  server CO9EHSMHS018.bigfish.com 10.236.130.28 and to get in touch with the admin, I have no idea how to accomplish that.  The reason I think it has something to do with GoDaddy is I also have a personal email on the device and I receiving emails just fine.  

Has anyone experienced this problem and if so - resolution??

Thansk for any help!

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Issues with email delays to BB 9000

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

With a strong carrier network signal (e.g., not merely WiFi), I suggest the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 1 and 2 each should result in a message coming to your BB...please wait for that before proceeding to the next step):

1) Register HRT

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Please wait for one "registration" message to arrive to your Messages app

2) Delete and Resend Service Books

• KB05000Delete the service book for the BlackBerry Internet Service email account from the BlackBerry smartphone
  • If you have no CMIME entry, then skip the deletion
  • KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • Please wait for "Activation" Messages, one per already configured email account, to arrive in your Messages. If you have no already configured email accounts, please wait 1 hour.

3) Reboot

• With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes.
  • See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Hopefully that will get things going again for you! If not, then you could try deleting and re-adding your configurations for the affected email accounts. Otherwise, you would need to continue escalation with those parties you are already working with. Perhaps they have access to information about who that server admin is...we certainly don't have that.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)

Re: GoDaddy Email Delay To BB 9000

Hello,

I am confused...you also have this thread:

But I cannot tell if both are related or separate topics. Can you clarify? If they are the same, we will have our kind mods merge them together so that the kind volunteers here can have the benefit of complete information as they attempt to assist you.

Thanks and let us know!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Yes this is the same problem and this post is a result of further discussions with Godaddy and AT&T. The BB server is an IMAP server and the version of GoDaddy email that I am on is a POP server and will not support IMAP. They believe this is what is causing the delay problem with emails getting to my Blackberry. 

Does this sound reasonable?

Sorry for the confusion. 

Hall of Famer III

BB has no imap server. BB has SMTP servers for outbound email, but a totally separate entity for inbound email. So I'm not at all sure what you mean by what you say there.

When you configure email via BIS, BIS selects the "best" protocol to use based on what it finds on the server. If imap is available, then BIS will use it. If only POP is available, then you will be subject to the 15 minute delay of email delivery since POP is fully pull and not push-based. IMAP can be push-based, but I do not know if GoDaddy imap is push or not.

I don't know what to tell you based on what you have said. I think you should remove the email configuration totally and then use, from your BB browser, www.blackberry.com/integrate to attempt to configure your email service. Otherwise, you will need to continue working with ATT and GoDaddy to figure out how to configure this odd email service.

Good luck!

My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: ATT

I have had this issue since trying to revert back to the 9900 from a Q10. BIS always did the heavy lifting of "pushing" email to me. I have tried imap and pop without any luck. With POP the delay is worse. It is my understanding that BIS was continuously asking if there was email and pushing it if there was. Now it seems as if BIS is being throttled by Godaddy; which probably makes no sense; it used to work perfectly and now no matter what I do, it just doesn't.