Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Goes into camera mode when using keyboard - ack!

I'm typing on the keyboard and over over the "O" or "U" character to bring up the alternate characters, accent marks, etc, and the top half of the screen goes into camera mode. Wierd. I can get out of it by hitting the options key, the "close". Anyone else have this happening? It's not random, I can recreate this everytime without fail.

Thanks!

New Contributor

Re: Goes into camera mode when using keyboard - ack!

I get the same thing! Also have gotten an "internal input error" when it couldn't find the name in contacts...all 3 of them!
Developer
My Device: You wish.

Have you loaded the latest software at http://www.blackberry.com/storm/upgrades ?
Contributor

I hadn't gotten around to the upgrade yet, but just did it and viola! The camera mode while typing problem is no more. Thanks!

New Contributor

I'm glad it worked for you but I am still having the same problem. It seems to have gotten less frequent since I updated to 4.7.0.75 and I haven't had to take the battery out to reset (just keep hitting off button) but it still does it.

Anyone else have other ideas?

Contributor

Hi, sorry the upgrade didn't work for you...but instead of powering off the unit, have you tried just pressing the options key (beside the green answer phone key), then scroll and select "quit" (or "close")? That worked for me before to get out of camera mode.
New Contributor

I can go to options and then hit "hide" which clears the camera, but my concern is that it still does this even after upgrading to 4.7.75. I have been playing around a little bit more and it does this every time you highlight a key that has the "symbols" option. (which seems to be a least a 1/3 of the keys)

I am also not seeing any improvement with battery life so I am wondering if I either have a dud phone or the upgrade didn't work. What I should probably do is un-install and then re-install the software.

Can anyone give me the steps to do that or have other ideas?

Thanks

Highlighted
Contributor

Problem #4I'm just a typing away and all of a sudden the camera comes on the screenI clear it out only after the screen becomes distorted and unreadable, only to continue to type and then it happens againI've noticed that this occurs when the "u", "o" or "a" is held down and not rapidly clickedI have the latest software, so I don't know what the problem is, but whatever it is only adds more frustration to the other problems that are occurring with this phone
Regular Contributor

The right conveinence key, the key below the volume keys on the right side of your Storm automatically activates the camera when pressed.  Are you by chance accidentally pressing this key and don't realize it?
Contributor

I'm aware of the quick key function, however, that is not the case.  It's occurring when I press those keys, I have purposely done it to make sure that is was.