Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Developer
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

Good Bye Version 1.0.3 build 16 -- How do I uninstall everything and go back to previous version?

[ Edited ]

Good Bye Version 1.0.3 build 16 -- How do I uninstall everything and go back to the previous version?

Okay, I found the prior version of DesktopManager for Mac in one of my old backups from March of this year.  The new 1.0.3 dmg has an uninstaller next to the installer.  I am going to remove 1.0.3. from all of my computers, and install the prior version, and set the preferences for do NOT (NEVER!!!) upgrade / update!

Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Good Bye Version 1.0.3 build 16 -- How do I uninstall everything and go back to previous version?

ok

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8530
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Good Bye Version 1.0.3 build 16 -- How do I uninstall everything and go back to previous version?

So -- did it work? I've heard people have gone back to the previous version and mysteriously, the syncing problems followed along, even though they weren't there before v. 1.0.3.

BTW, where do you find the uninstall piece on the application? I looked for it once and didn't find it where I thought it would be.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

The Uninstaller is in the DMG file and should appear adjacent to the installer.

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8530
My Carrier: Verizon

Friedchicken, sorry to be stupid about this, but how do I find the DMG file? I hunted around in Finder but didn't see a DMG file.

Could someone please give me a step-by-step on how to find the current version (now v. 1.0.3 build 19), uninstall it, and pull up a backed-up v.1.0.2 from Time Machine?

Thanks.