Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Google Apps IMAP not instant anymore - help!

Hi!

I have been using google apps email for over a year and just recently switched from POP to the IMAP settings. I was receiving all emails to two of my domains instantly and what ever I read on my BB, was marked as open on the web interface.

Sometime 2 days ago, I started noticing that email from one of these accounts was coming through either delayed or in some rare instances, not at all! I promptly went in, resent my service books - nothing. Then deleted and recreated those two accounts. That seemed to work initially (back to instant push) but then slowly, it degraded back to polling every 15 mins or so...sometimes even more than that....if I go into gmail settings and forward all incoming email to my BB.net email address, I get instant forwarded email....

Any ideas on what is going on with my email? Is there anything I can do to fix this? I am a doctor running my own company and instant email is very crucial to me/our organization.

Thanks in advance for any help! 

Super Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Mobilicity

Re: Google Apps IMAP not instant anymore - help!

[ Edited ]
I've had the same problem. I've heard of other users experiencing the same problem. We've all concluded (without any facts) that it's a by-product of the upcoming update to BIS 2.6 which promises better integration with Google Mail.

If anyone has anything else definitive, I too welcome it.

Thanks
Message Edited by aingaran on 02-27-2009 08:40 AM