Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Google Apps and Enhanced GMail plugin

The integration with GMail looks fantastic:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/devices/features/communication/gmail.jsp?

However, it's not clear whether as a Google Apps Premier user this is supported because the email I address I use is my domain address and not a @gmail.com/@googlemail.com address.

Anybody point me towards some directions on how to set this up?

Thanks

New Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Re: Google Apps and Enhanced GMail plugin

I have made some progress on this. It turns out the problem is related to the fact that I have Postini enabled for my domain.

I happen to have another Google Apps domain without Postini enabled. I tried to set this up via the usual email setup process on my Blackberry for this second domain and it setup instantly, no problems: archiving remote searching etc all available. Push email, the lot.

So this leads me to think that the BIS can't work out that my main domain is hosted with Google Apps because the MX records point to Postini. Very annoying.... No remote search, archiving or any of the features supported by the enhanced plugin.

Anyone form Blackberry able to comment on this one? 

My Device: Tour
My Carrier: Verizon

We have the same problems. GMail Enhanced Plugin provisioned fine before Postini and now not. I wondered if Postini had something to do with it. We can setup imap.gmail.com with the secure port via advanced settings but that doesn't provision in the archiving, starring, contact sync, etc. Just wonder if there was a simple solution we may be missing? Found this by searching online and the posts I have found have no solution.

Thanks,

--Mike

My Carrier: Orange Israel

I have the same problem. Do you have any solution?