Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Wind Telecomunicazioni Spa

Google Calendar and Contacts doesn't sync

Hi guys, I have my Calendar and Contacts syncronization with Google in my BB 9780.

Until few days ago it works perfectly.

But now I have cancelled several contacts in my BB 9780 but in Google Contact remains all old contacts so that sync doen't works.

Can I forced my BB to make new sync? Or I have to reset any service?

How can I solve?

Thanks

Giuliano 

Giuliano
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Google Calendar and Contacts doesn't sync

Hello,

Exactly how are you conducting the sync? OTA or via the Desktop Software?

Thanks!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

Hi, I sync calendario and addressbook in My 9780 only OTA with Google account. 

I used the Service sync forse months and Is it possibile that the sync Service is interrupted after a DM sync forum backup? (as when you sync with DM you have to disable wireless sync in bb otherwise sync doesn't works)

See you later

Giuliano 

Giuliano
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

I'm sorry, I do not quite understand your post...something seems to have gone wrong in the translation. Are you saying that you have been using OTA sync for this for a long time, and have recently connected to a PC and the Desktop Software and done something? I cannot tell what you may have done... Did you disable wireless sync? You hint about it, but you do not quite tell us exactly what you actually did.

Thanks and let us know!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

I'm sorry for my bad english...Smiley Sad (I don't use Google Traslator)

For years I synced via OTA either Calendar or Contacts but after last backup+syncro with DM, syncro doesn't works.

The sequence is this: 

Contacts BB -- GoogleContacts --  Addressbook OSX (and viceversa)

Calendar BB -- Google Calendar -- iCal OSX (and viceversa)

When I add an appointment in BlackBerry the appointment doesn't appear in iCal and the same for Contacts.....

How can I solve the missing sync?

Thanks a lot

GIULIANO

Giuliano
Hall of Famer III

What is your desire now? OTA or USB sync? You can have only one, not both.

Contributor

Only OTA....thanks

Giuliano

Giuliano
Hall of Famer III

OK thanks...earlier, you hinted at something related to the Desktop Software. Did you do something with that? Did you try a sync via the Desktop Software and that's when OTA began to fail? And, are you on MAC or PC?

Contributor

Oh you are right.... only after sync with DM the problems are alive, BUT first syncro action with DM I disabled OTA sync funtion in my BB9780.

I use WIN XP for BB sync/backup

Giuliano
Hall of Famer III

giuliano1969 wrote:

Oh you are right.... only after sync with DM the problems are alive, BUT first syncro action with DM I disabled OTA sync funtion in my BB9780.

OK...so why not just re-enable the OTA sync on the device?

giuliano1969 wrote:

I use WIN XP for BB sync/backup

OK thanks...earlier you said "OSX", which is what led to the question. Thanks for clarifying.