Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: BB 9360
My Carrier: Airtel

Google Contacts on 9360

Hi, Am using BB 9360 with Enterprise Activation. The office have restricted the use of gmail emails on my BB. However, I was able to sync my Gmail Calendar and Gmail contacts with my Phonebook. In last 7-8 months, am trying to do the sync, but it does not happen and gives me error. Have tried signing out and relogging, but that does not help. Request if you could suggest a method wherein my Gmail contacts are updated in Phonebook. Regards Ankur
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Google Contacts on 9360

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I recommend you talk to your BES Admins about this. It is entirely possible that, 8 months ago, you were able to do this but that, since then, they have further restricted it so that you can no longer do things that are in violation of their intended IT Policy (which they control).

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: BB 9360
My Carrier: Airtel

Hi,

Thanks for feedback. I did checked with my IT Team. there is no such restriction. The problem is with Google Sync. Google has discontinued the Sync option with BB and hence unable to do the sync.

Is there any other method.

Regards

Ankur

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

ankursu wrote:

I did checked with my IT Team. there is no such restriction.

Well, that's confusing...given what you said in your first post...

ankursu wrote:
The office have restricted the use of gmail emails on my BB.

But, anyway...

ankursu wrote:

The problem is with Google Sync. Google has discontinued the Sync option with BB and hence unable to do the sync.

Yes, Google has been slowly but surely removing consumer-level things for the BlackBerry environment...I suspect due to them favoring the Android world, but they of course won't state such things clearly.

ankursu wrote:

Is there any other method.

• KB22430 How to enable or disable wireless contact synchronization with BlackBerry Internet Service

If you have installed anything to your BB (e.g., the old Google add-on app) to enable what has now broken, you will need to remove it.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................