Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: TELUS

Google Maps Problem!! PLEASE HELP! "GPS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE" "YOUR LOCATION WITHIN 1400 METERS"

As title states;

everytime i try to find my location, it NEVER FINDS ME.

and when it does once in a blue moon, it gives me my location within 1400 meters!!

ive battery pulled, ive reinstalled google maps, my application is set on allow for EVERYTHING.

im running 6.0 bundle 695

thanks guys!

Solutions: 6,329
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Google Maps Problem!! PLEASE HELP! "GPS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE" "YOUR LOCATION WITHIN 1400 METERS"

On all model BlackBerrys, first make certain that you in an area of good signal coverage AND outside with a clear view of the sky in an open area of no tall buildings.

For GSM network devices, do this:
Click Options > Advanced > GPS > Menu > Refresh GPS.
Give it up to 10 minutes to refresh, and try 2-3 times in a row.
Also, read this: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/dynamickc.do?externalId=KB12203&sliceId=SAL_Public&command=show&forwa...

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Re: Google Maps Problem!! PLEASE HELP! "GPS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE" "YOUR LOCATION WITHIN 1400 METERS"

my gps hardly ever works, i always have full bar reception.

ive tried your technique many times already, still no dice.

it always says "waiting for gps"

"hardly" ever works?

So, does it work at some few times, to locate your exact location?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

no it never works to my exact location. when i mean hardly works, i meant when it does "work" it finds me within 1400 meters and it displays "waiting for GPS"

Ok, then you need to try those instructions again and again until it does work.

Try it this way, do a reboot of the device: With the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot.

And then follow my directions exactly, waiting at least ten minutes for each GPS refresh on the GPS screen as I instructed.

A couple questions, who is your service provider?

What is your general location? US? UK? etc...

Do you have a full BlackBerry Data Plan on your service provider account?

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800

That's the message I get all the time, because i usually turn off my GPS (to save battery power).

Make sure the GPS is on:

On the Torch the new operating system has slightly different options than previous BB models:

Options

Device

Location Settings

Then make sure you have the right GPS source (Device GPS) and that "Location Services" is ON.

Hope this works for you.

Thank you.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

i have done this method many many times and my gps has yet to work.

Highlighted
My Device: torch
My Carrier: VF UK

Do you have blackberry maps installed on your device? I noticed that if I uninstall blackberry maps completely GPS stops working.

Cheers