Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Ver
My Device: Curve 3G
My Carrier: Globe

Google Maps for Curve

Hi Folks, I'm pretty sure this has been reported before. 

I've been using Google Maps version 4.5.3 on my Curve for sometime now and it has worked amazingly as my personal GPS when doing walking tours and stuff. 

However, the other night, I hooked up my phone into my computer and there is a "Core" update. I can't remember exactly what it was in the Desktop software but I did the upgrade which took quite a bit of time. 

After that, my phone was back to normal but the next morning while I was using it, it started acting crazy:

- My location is always at most 600m accurate (it used to be accurate to the inch) and it doesn't really refresh at all even if I'm in a fast moving vehicle. It does refresh after 20 minutes or so telling me that it is 800m or 1100m or 600m accurate -- it's crazy! 

I know it has some glitches sometimes like when it can't detect my location for some reason but it has been going on for the last 48 hours or so and it hasn't fixed itself. I'm beginning to worry if it was that crazy update.

By the way, Blackberry Maps work fine but I don't prefer to use it -- it's clunky!

What I've tried: battery pull, re-installation of Google Maps, uninstall Blackberry Maps.

Any ideas guys? Thanks.