Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Google Talk won't work

No matter what I do it insists that "username & password don't match". I've run the unlock capcha thing, I've tried the application-specific authentication, with 2-step on & off, everything. It's very frustrating that this phone came with this app installed yet it doesn't work.
Forums Advisor III

Re: Google Talk won't work

Moved into its own thread: BlackBerry® Applications, Third-Party Applications & BlackBerry App World > Downloaded Applications for BlackBerry Devices

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Kitty11Chan wrote:
No matter what I do it insists that "username & password don't match". I've run the unlock capcha thing, I've tried the application-specific authentication, with 2-step on & off, everything. It's very frustrating that this phone came with this app installed yet it doesn't work.

are you sure you input the password correctly? If I were you I would change my Google account password for a simpler one, and try again.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

Many thaks for the reponse. I have doe all the obvious but it still does not work. It does work on my laptop though.

New Contributor

That's not the problem! It does "username & password do not match". I AM using the right password.
New Contributor
My Device: 8330 Curve
My Carrier: AT&T

I have the same problem with my AT&T Curve 8310. It appears to be the application.
Highlighted
My Device: Torch 9800

I am having this same problem. I can log on from my PC, no prob. I changed my pswd, and can STILL log on to my PC, but not Google Talk through my 9800 Torch. I verified that I had all the capital letters, numbers, and lower cases where they should be.

I've tried username, and username@gmail.com. I tried rebooting, and removing the battery for over 1/2 hour and rebooting.

At my wits' end - have not seen this solved past wrong password, and using googlmail issues.

Plesae help.

New Contributor
My Device: 8330 Curve

I am not sure this is valid, but I found a comment on another thread indicating that AT&T blocks google+ chat packets for some reason. IF true, then your phone model may make no difference, it is your provider (and mine) that is the problem. Hello Sprint? I can hear you now.
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

ahrjones wrote:

I am having this same problem. I can log on from my PC, no prob. I changed my pswd, and can STILL log on to my PC, but not Google Talk through my 9800 Torch. I verified that I had all the capital letters, numbers, and lower cases where they should be.

I've tried username, and username@gmail.com. I tried rebooting, and removing the battery for over 1/2 hour and rebooting.

At my wits' end - have not seen this solved past wrong password, and using googlmail issues.

Plesae help.

I suggest you change your GMail password, and try again.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
My Device: Torch 9800

Thanks everyone. Here's a little more info.

My spouse in on AT&T and was able to install this on his non-BlackBerry phone.

I changed my gmail password, to no avail.

Thanks.