Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: 02

Google defaulting to another country

Hi,

Hope this is in the right place.

I've noticed today that whenever I go to Google.com on my browser that it keeps defaulting back to google.com/ng (Nigeria) when I go to the main Google page, even though this isn't where I'm located. I haven't changed any settings or anything and I'm quite worried that maybe someone is using my IP or has gotten into my phone. My IP still seems to be showing as originating from the correct country. I've tried a factory reset and resetting the OS but neither has worked. I can't seem to change Google itself. Has anyone got any ideas on what's going on please?

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: 02

Re: Google defaulting to another country

[ Edited ]

So Google still seems to think that my IP is located in Nigeria, even though the address code itself is my country. Websites like whatismyip are telling me that it's the correct country and it's giving me the right location. Really starting to worry, has someone hacked my phone somehow or could there be a virus on it? Could it be this? https://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Web-and-WebWorks-Development/Too-many-scammers-using-Blackbe...

Highlighted
My Device: Torch 9500
My Carrier: at&t

go to google.com/ncr  -- problem solved (have no idea why but that does i

My Device: 9320
My Carrier: vodafone

HI 

Mine is doing exactly the same. My youtube account has recommended youtube nigeria and my google account has warned me of suspicious activity from Lagos!!! I have closed the google mail account. I dont know how this could have happened. I cannot reset the youtube app on my phone back to UK. I am concerned how they have got access to my phone and what informatio they now have about me.

If any one has any suggestions please kindly advise

Alison