Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: curve 9360
My Carrier: etisalat

Google talk has been blocked

[ Edited ]

I am using blackberry 9360 over BIS, I am not able to use google talk as it says "google talk has been blocked" when i try to sign in.

Kindly help.

Mukesh

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Google talk has been blocked

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Anything more to that message...perhaps about an IT Policy? Typically, that's what such a message would indicate...meaning that the BB is or once was associated to a BES system, and the IT Policy was not properly cleansed when the BB was removed from BES. You can check here:

• KB30076 How to check for an IT Policy on a BlackBerry smartphone

If there is an IT Policy and you are currently part of BES, then you need to talk to your BES admins.

If there is an IT Policy and you are not part of BES, then you will need to perform some drastic cleansing steps:

Afterwards, when you restore, be careful...do not perform a wholesale restore, or you will simply put back the IT Policy that you removed. Rather, perform a selective restore, including only those databases you require and avoiding any to do with IT Policy:

• KB10339 How to use BlackBerry Desktop Software to restore data to a BlackBerry smartphone from a backup file
  • KB03974 BlackBerry smartphone database list

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

I never used BES, I was using BIS earlier then got it deactivated and now againt got the BIS service activated.

Also there are no IT policies.

Mukesh

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)

mukeshgoswami6 wrote:

I never used BES

Not necessary conclusive...there are reports (although rare) of folks buying what they thought was a totally brand new device, yet it having a latent IT Policy on board.

mukeshgoswami6 wrote:

I was using BIS earlier then got it deactivated and now againt got the BIS service activated.

Oh...well, that's certainly new information. So, what else don't we know yet? For instance, did Google Talk work before? Or is this the very first time you are ever trying it?

mukeshgoswami6 wrote:

Also there are no IT policies.

Good...then we likely can rule that possibility out.

Thanks and let us know!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Sorry Guys,

I Figured it out, it was disabled from parental control.

Cheers

Mukesh

Hall of Famer III

I'm glad you figured it out. Enjoy!