Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Great phone, only three bad things that could be fixed

[ Edited ]

Hello, I just bought this Tour today at Verizon and really like it.  The Blackberry team has made huge improvements over the 8830 Smartphone that I used to use.  However there are three things that are downgrades:

1.  The power cable input is on the bottom right now.  When at home I liked to type on the Blackberry while it was plugged into an outlet or my computer.  Now that it is located on the right side, it kinda gets in the way of typing so that is not good.  It used to be located at the top left where it was out of the way.

2.  (edit disregard)

3.  the worst thing, is that when browsing the net the trackball acts like a laptop mouse.  It no longer automatically jumps to links and buttons like my Blackberry 8830.

4. Well this one may not be able to get changed easily, but while charging this phone gets hottttttttttttttttttt.  

Everything else you guys really improved a lot, great job.  I am looking forward to the next upgrade, and if it has even more processing power and cache I will be the first to buy it Smiley Happy  Too bad there isn't a RoboForm App that can work with it (or maybe there is?)

Message Edited by Berryman29 on 07-23-2009 07:26 PM
Message Edited by Berryman29 on 07-23-2009 07:28 PM
Solutions: 6,417
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Great phone, only three bad things that could be fixed

2. Get VibandRing for simultaneous vibrate and ring.

http://onlyblackberry.mobihand.com/platformMain.asp?sString=824&pString=true

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Haha thanks JSanders, I am laughing because I was going to return to edit my post since a tech guy answered that for me over the phone when I had a question about my account.  You would think they would make that option more **bleep** proof since you have to actually know what you are doing to simply use the vibrate/ring option.  No luck on my other list eh? Especially the browser scrolling, that really sucks Smiley Sad
Solutions: 6,417
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

1. Yea not ideal for me either at first, but I got used to it (on my 8900 Javelin, same place).

4. Yea, hot. I agree.  There's lots of juice flowing there!

Enjoy the Tour, its a great device.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code