Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9800 Torch

Green 1pixel line in screen. HELP!!

Similar to the problem that this user had with his Blackberry Storm: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Storm-BlackBerry-9500/Blackberry-Storm-Lines-in-Sc... - my newly bought (3 days ago) Blackberry Torch all of a sudden has a 1 pixel width green line from the top of the screen running to the bottom of it. If I flip my phone vertically / or horizontally the line stays in the same spot. fixed. 

I didn't do anything unusual. The line appeared while I was recharging the battery. Now I cannot get rid of it. 

Anyone knows what this issue can be and how to solve it? Any help is much appreciated!

New Contributor

Re: Green 1pixel line in screen. HELP!!

I forgot to add that when I have a white background the green line becomes a red line instead. and on black it's green again

Solutions: 6,380
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

On a three day old device, I'd return it quickly for a brand new device -- not a refurb.

Don't wait.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks for your advice.

However, since I connected the devide to my PC 5 seconds after that the green line disappeared.

Now it's disconnected and functions normally again. I am still not happy, and would like to return it, but obviously 'the evidence' is gone now. Think I still can have a shot at it by explaining to them?