Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700 and Blackberry Curve 8310 (yup, it's an oldie)
My Carrier: AT&T

Grey Wifi icon on Blackberry Bold 9700

[ Edited ]

Hi folks! I'm a newbie to this forum and I'm glad to be on board Smiley Happy

Anyways, I've read previous posts on the topic of the grey wifi icon and this is what I have gotten out of it:

1) It means you are connected to wifi but don't have a blackberry connection

2) You don't have a sim card compatible with blackberry services (which I don't) 

Anyways, what CAN I do with my blackberry when it shows this grey wifi signal? 

What does it mean to be connected to blackberry? 

Does it charge my data plan when I use the browser or Facebook with this "grey signal"? 

And also if it helps- it shows my router's name at the top, and a white dash when I go to manage connections. Another thing to add is that the device works on wifi only when I turn off data.

I've tried resetting the router and also my device (the battery pull) 

Any help would really be appreciated....I'm clueless! Smiley Frustrated

Forums Advisor II
My Device: BlackBerry Classic- SQC-100-4
My Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Re: Grey Wifi icon on Blackberry Bold 9700

It seems that your wifi is turned on, and no, it will not charge your account. try a wipe or reload your software.

1. If a post has helped you, show your appreciation by clicking Like at the bottom of the message box.
2. If a post has solved your question, please click ''accept as solution'' to verify your question has been solved.
Forums Advisor II
My Device: BlackBerry Classic- SQC-100-4
My Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Re: Grey Wifi icon on Blackberry Bold 9700

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/32608/Reload_BBDtSW_using_BBDeviceMngr_6...

here is some instructions on how to reload your software.

1. If a post has helped you, show your appreciation by clicking Like at the bottom of the message box.
2. If a post has solved your question, please click ''accept as solution'' to verify your question has been solved.