Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

jgm
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Group contacts

Hi all,

I'm trying to create groups on my contact list. I create and name new group and add members no problem if they only have an email address attached to them. If I have a contact with email and other info (ie) phone # BB asks me which address I want to add-it highlights the email or the phone #-I highlight the email but address won't add to the group. What am I doing wrong? Any help appreciated.

Greg 

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Group contacts

You need to create groups based on any one type of address field (i.e. email or phone). You can have combination of these but when you'll be sending SMS then those addresses that are attached with email ID will give you error prompt.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

jgm
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Group contacts

Hi tanzim,

Is there somewhere on the Bold to specify the type of group? I had a Curve before and this was not an issue. When I add a member to a group if there is multiple contact info (ie) email and phone, BB asks me which address. Above the options it says "? Which Address?" and allows me to highlight-the email address is the default that is highlighted. I click on it but nothing shows in the group. If I go out of the group and edit the contact-take out all info except the email address and go back to edit the group-add member-it adds no problem. Very puzzling. I don't want to edit all my contact info.