Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: 8520
My Carrier: Rogers

Gtalk driving me nuts.

I have been having trouble with Gtalk on my Blackberry for a long time. It was occasional with my Pearl 8100, but it's more often on my Curve 8520, and has been getting worse all the time. I've had the Curve for 30 months.

I am often getting logged out, with the error 'Unable to Contact Server'. Sometimes it will allow me to log back in, and other times I get error 'Internal Error. Please try again Later', followed by  'Cannot Connect to Server'.

This happens even when I have full signal strength, and EDGE.

When I am logged in, I constantly get error 'Failed to execute your last action (100)'.  I need to press the trackpad 10-20 times to clear it.  Sometimes re-holstering it will clear it, as well.

I have deleted all service books that could be deleted, and registered HRT. I have updated my OS. I have wiped the phone and restored only my contacts. I have uninstalled the client and installed it from scratch a few times, including any time there's an update. I have made sure my settings in gmail are to allow chat, and have used the Google captcha

I am not (and never have been) connected to a bes, and all other data services I'm subscribed to work fine.
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Gtalk driving me nuts.

Same here!  I see people complain about it all over the forums, but Google just doesn't care about non-Android devices anymore!  When was the last time BB got a Google Maps update, too?!  I don't think anyone's listening; it sucks.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Gtalk driving me nuts.

hello RogueLeopard,

I see you have taken all the actions I would have taken myself. Sorry, I don't know how to help you.
Can you see if things get better when you use WiFi at home?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: