Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530

Guitar Chords

I purchased the app Guitar Chords a while back and I really like the app. The developer came out with an upgrade that fixed a bug for the Storm, which I have. I tried to download the upgrade but got an error message that said, "Guitar Chords is not available for download from app world." I emailed the developer and he said it was not an issue with his app, and gave me an email address to send to for help but I can not get help from there. Can anyone help me with this issue.

I am using:

Verizon Wireless

Blackberry Storm 9530

BB OS v4.7.0.148

App world v1.1.0.15

Guitar Chords v1.0.0.0

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Guitar Chords

If the developer won't provide you with their own update and they say you are a valid customer...well, that just does not sound right. I would go back to the developer with the result of the email address they gave you from which you received no result...and see what the developer next recommends.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

The developers rely on App World to distribute the upgrades through the automated App World software. The developers themselves do not have much other choice but to rely on App World to distribute the program aside from perhaps e-mailing people their COD files, which I do not recommend because that would open themselves up to piracy. If App World is acting funny, the error and responsibility to fix this is most likely on RIM's end. 

superdirt

Message Edited by superdirt on 10-12-2009 09:52 PM
New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530

I've been in contact with the producer of the app and he has been very helpful, even offering me my money back, but it's not a problem with his app, it's with RIM or something else. The money really isn't an issue, I just really like the app, and the upgrade fixes an issue with the storm, which is what I have. I've tried to send an online request to RIM support, but because I have this post on this forum and it has not been resolved, I can not send a request to their technical support while my email address is associated with this post.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

FLRPM wrote:

I've been in contact with the producer of the app and he has been very helpful, even offering me my money back, but it's not a problem with his app, it's with RIM or something else. The money really isn't an issue, I just really like the app, and the upgrade fixes an issue with the storm, which is what I have. I've tried to send an online request to RIM support, but because I have this post on this forum and it has not been resolved, I can not send a request to their technical support while my email address is associated with this post.

Hmmmm? That also does not sound right. Try this method of sending into the internal RIM queue:

Go to this URL:

and fill out the form. Use, in the "Please select a component:" field, the AppWorld Billing/Payment selection. Any other selection will simply route you back anonymously to these public forums. Any fields that you don't have a number for (for instance, Order Number or something), just make a number up (12345). The one field you can't create something for is your PIN...it must be your true BB PIN. If the form rejects that as invalid, come back here and let us know...there is a separate path to resolve that.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

@FLRPM did you contact RIM as sdgardne suggested ? Did they reply ?

In my opinion the fault is shared between the developer and RIM. When a new update is available, the developer does two things :

1) publish the new version on AppWorld

2) ask for a notification to be sent to customers who have already bought the application

it seems that 1) was not done perfectly and that the developer did not check that before doing 2) .

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: