Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Pearl 8130

HAS ANYONE CONNECTED A PEARL 8130 TO AUDIBLE.COM'S SERVER USING THE NEW AUDIBLE AIR APPLICATION?

I have spent 4 hours on chat support and phone calls trying to get Audible's program to work on my Blackberry Pearl.  It downloads okay from the website but will not connect to Audible's server so that I can activate the device.  Audible.com technicians as well as my local service provider have exhausted all potential problems.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: HAS ANYONE CONNECTED A PEARL 8130 TO AUDIBLE.COM'S SERVER USING THE NEW AUDIBLE AIR APPLICATION?

Have you found a solution to this?

I have the exact same issue with a BB Storm. It will install but not connect, Audible is claiming that the Enterprise server that I'm using is blocking it. I'm hoping you found a solution that I can try as well.

Thanks

New Contributor
My Device: Pearl 8130

Re: HAS ANYONE CONNECTED A PEARL 8130 TO AUDIBLE.COM'S SERVER USING THE NEW AUDIBLE AIR APPLICATION?

Hey Catalin,

No solution yet.  Audible is also trying to tell me that my Enterprise server is the problem.  The problem is, I am not on an Enterprise server, or at least that is what my internet provider tells me.  I don't know where to go from here, but at least we didn't have to pay Audible for this frustration; I'm sure they'll get it figured out if enough people are having the same problem - they just added the work-around  instructions to their website since I talked to them last.  Too bad the instructions don't work for us.  I wonder if we could get two techs talking to each other, Audible and internet provider?

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Funny Audible told me the same thing. When I called I spoke with a woman that I think was asking for help from  others through some sort of online chat. She wasn't all that knowledgeable with what I was trying to do.

After about 20 minutes of trying different settings the kast word was the same as yours, "Are you part of an Enterprise server sir?" Apparently it won't work with it... right. Well at least one person in our small company is running it on his phone and it works perfect. Mine originally did work, I downloaded two books on it and listened to them. Sometime in the last month it went offline and wouldn't connect again. I first tried to add a book through the pc manager and it wouldn't recognize it. Then I screwd it up more by deleting and re-installing... after that, nothing.