Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

HELP BB keep restarting itself with 'missing Media card' error

hi all

this is the 200th time my BB is restarting itself today. and it keeps doing that every 10 sec regardless of what i am doing at the moment. this issue had been noticed more often when i try to sync via wire to my laptop, but once i unplug it will be ok.

today even when i unplug the issue wouldn't stop, please help!!
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: HELP BB keep restarting itself with 'missing Media card' error

Is there any media card installed in your device? Remove it and check the behavior.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Highlighted
New Contributor

I am having the same problem, but without the 'missing media card' error. This happens after I upgraded my AT&T 8800 to v4.5...

HELP!!

New Contributor

hi Tanzim

no i have no media card, hence i really don't understand why i have this error...as we speak BB is already restarted for the 200th time today....
New Contributor

well sometimes it gives me this media card removed error sometime it doesn't, one thing for sure is that it gets restarted every 10 sec...
New Contributor

In my case, I think I solved it. I tried using the BB 8800 without the media card, and it did not reboot itself anymore. I then re-format the micro-SD card (2Gb) on my computer using FAT full-format, and put it back in the BB. It still did not reboot itself... I moved one picture from the phone memory to the media card, so far so good...