11-15-2013 05:49 AM - edited 11-15-2013 06:43 AM
Last night i was on my Bold 9900, texting my friends and occasionally checking twitter, i was half way between typing a message and suddenly the phone froze, what i would usually do if this was to happen is pull the battery and the phone would boot up. So i tried this, When i put the battery back in nothing happened, No Red LED, i assumed the battery was dead so i connected the charger expecting a Red LED to appear but no, No LED, No charging symbol, Nothing. i also tried to plug into the computer with and without the battery and nothing happened either, i then left the battery and charger in over night to see if the battery had just gone flat without me noticing but when i tried again this morning nothing happened the same as last night.
anyway, is there a fix i could do myself as i really need this phone? Any suggestions appriciated, Although i have done the basic battery pulls and computer connections. connecting charger with and without battery, Help would be appriciated, Thanks. Sid.
11-15-2013 07:40 AM
you can try reloading the software of the device see if that will work.
can do this by following the steps below.
1. Go to google on the field type in ( blackberry software update ( name of your carrier ) )
2. download the device software
3. install it on your computer.
4. once installed plug your device into the computer ( without the battery)
5. go to Computer / C driver / program files ( x86 ) / Common files / research in motion / app loader / LOADER
6. click on LOADER and follow the prompt.
7. it will take time to recognize your PIN or device. Just continue clicking NEXT until it push through.
8.after that it will prompt you in selecting your language then a page with " finish or close " will appear just click either of them for the process to proceed.
9. a loading bar will show up. When you receive an error message that says something like " cannot detect device "
that is the time for step 10.
10. put the battery back
and click on "Retry"
11. it will take time but keep on retrying untill the process proceed.
12.once all the loading is done you may either receive " a fatal error occured or software update success"
dont worry about the fatal error it says that but your device should be booting up.
let me know if this help
11-15-2013 10:37 AM
11-26-2013 01:10 PM
11-27-2013 04:23 AM
I have a similar problem.
Now at step no. 10.
have clicked on this 'Retry Message' at least 40 times.
"application loader was unable to connect with your device. please re-connect your device, enter the password, if required, and click retry"
The status on the install shield tool bat is poiting at 'wait for device initialization". Before this status, load jvm and system software was through.
Any clue from this stage onwards.
02-04-2014 01:37 PM - edited 02-04-2014 01:41 PM
I have tried EVERY method online and nothing has worked, once it reaches the step that says "Reconnecting To JVC" or something like that, and then my phone disconnects and then reconnects and does it over and over. I don't know what to do anymore.
Iv'e had the device for a year and i put a new battery in it aswell