Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Super Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: N NetCom

Re: HELP! Blackberry 9900 stuck on backup during update

It stuck on Social Feeds with me too, what I did is that I deleted it from my phone. Just keep trying and it will eventually boot. At least that's what happened with me, if I remember right.

Good luck.
My Carrier: Movistar

I did the soft reset, on the reboot of the first soft reset. i did a 2nd soft reset and with that I got the white screen asking to press any key to roll-back.

You have to be a bit patience because it takes a while to restore all the modules.

And it did take out all my address book contacts, but BBM, Whatsapp and even the phone log has names and numbers.

At least the phone is working again, after 24+ hour in OOS!

My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: AT&T

Worked! I just fixed my torch 9810, I just try and try to battery pull, until I noticed before it goes back to the update again, there is a pop up msg that says, "press any key to go back at the pre-upgrade status" something like that, I didn't memorize what it says coz its like u only have 5 seconds to press any key, so I just did, and I retrieved all, I checked my files and apps, pictures music, contacts, etc and all are there. except that the settings were set to default, like wallpaper, ringtone, etc. i hope this helps.

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9790
My Carrier: O2

I just made the mistake of taking my devices advice and scheduling an update overnight. Woke up this morning to find it stuck on the Social Apps update. I've read there is a problem with that so I figured I'll turn it off but the problem is that despite many resets, removing battery etc, the phone starts up to default screen and is just frozen - can't do anything.

I'm now starting to realise why everyone I know warned me not to get a Blackberry. Feel extremely let down and disgusted with Blackberry - they send out updates and you follow the onscreen advice even though they know full well its the wrong advice. No wonder Blackberry is finished in the long term.

Any ideas for a fix so that I have  a phone until my contract is up so I can get a decent phone from another brand?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

artistoli wrote:

I just made the mistake of taking my devices advice and scheduling an update overnight. Woke up this morning to find it stuck on the Social Apps update. I've read there is a problem with that so I figured I'll turn it off but the problem is that despite many resets, removing battery etc, the phone starts up to default screen and is just frozen - can't do anything.

From your post, I cannot tell if you followed correctly any of this, so please do try.

(Credit JSanders)

There are two methods of recovery for you to try:

One:

• Open Blackberry Desktop Software & Connect your device with PC using USB cable, without inserting battery.
  • You will get three option Retry, Update Or Cancel, then click on update.
  • Once it is to the stage of the update "initializing handheld", then insert battery.
  • If this does not work, and you remain stuck on the backing up the Social Feeds database, go to the second method below.

Secondly:

• Start your BlackBerry in Safe mode.  Article ID: KB17877 How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Modehttp://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB17877
  • Connect to the BlackBerry Desktop Software and allow your handheld to connect. If you are prompted to upgrade, cancel the upgrade for later.
  • IF you cannot connect or your Desktop Software does not recognize your device while in Safe Mode, please follow the directions here to force the detect:  Article ID: KB10144 How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader
  • Go to Device > delete > SELECT DATA > select to delete both the Social Feeds and Smart Card databases, and follow the remaining prompts to complete it. 
  • Now, you can return and click to upgrade the device through the Desktop Manager, or reboot the BlackBerry in normal mode and continue the over the air upgrade.

artistoli wrote:

I'm now starting to realise why everyone I know warned me not to get a Blackberry. Feel extremely let down and disgusted with Blackberry - they send out updates and you follow the onscreen advice even though they know full well its the wrong advice. No wonder Blackberry is finished in the long term.

FYI -- RIM releases no OS updates to any end users. None. The mobile service providers control 100% of that process. They receive OS packages from RIM, and they (the carriers) decide if they will release it to their end users. But RIM controls nothing about what actually gets released to end users.

Good luck.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: BOld
My Carrier: Movistar

My device doens´t work after the reset. How can I make it work again? Please!

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Chuny wrote:

My device doens´t work after the reset. How can I make it work again? Please!

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

First, what exactly did you do? "Reset" can mean many different things. And what are the exact symptoms? "doesn't work" tells us rather little. More and complete details from you will enhance our understanding, and hopefully lead to more useful guidance for you.

Thanks and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Well I have the 9900 Bold on T-Mobile and it asked me to update just today, so I did. Then it warned me it may take up to 2 HOURS to REBOOT.. I thought was a bit odd but I figured most BB updates are quick.

Just my luck it gets stuck on the busiest day ever at work. Im literally screwed my customers can't contact me. My BB is stuck on Installing updates then it would give me ERROR 602 or 603. FACK! I try Soft resets, taking the battery out, deleting social feeds off the bb... and nothing.

I Finally just connected my BB without the battery to my comp using BBdesktop mangr. I waited it for it to try to connect to my phone and a window popped up asking me to retry or update. I clicked update I re-inserted my battery. Then it asked me if I wanted to repair, clicked repair, it started searching for new software updates available, then it gave me an option to view different versions of the updates. Long story short I had to downgrade my OS then Re Upgrade.

So if it helps anyone with similar problems try downgrading operating system version. It reboots your phone without deleting most of your important stuff like contacts, media etc.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!

ps. I still think BLACKBERRY ROCKS!!!! even if I felt like throwing my phone right thru the window today.\

Cash3PL

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10 STL 100-2 & PlayBook 64GB

This is a known issue.

Refer to this article to resolve the problem.

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?externalId=KB29571&sliceId=2&cmd=displayKC&d...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitter: @ukmight
1. Click on the " Like " button if you find anything helpful posted.

2. If any of the replies in your post has resolved your problem, mark the reply(ies) as " Solution ", so that others can readily view the solution instead of creating another redundant post.
My Carrier: Ee

This is horrendous I haven't been using my blackberry then I have decided to put it on and update everything ready to sell it and it will not come back on what a waste of money blackberry's actually are, how can I get this working again it has reached 32% then decided to stop and every time I reboot it, it goes straight back to 32% and it will not move I have now done this several times! Never buying another blackberry again!