Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: HELP! Blackberry 9900 stuck on backup during update

I fixed it. Honestly I don't know. I just tried and tried and tried. I remember I removed the battery of my BB and pluged it to PC and the BB Software, then I put it the battery, and it worked, I tried so many things. The best advice I can give you is get an iPhone. BB sucks. I'm waiting to end my contract and I'm switching. Just keep trying and start over and over until the freaking software or the BB works.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold9900
My Carrier: AT&T

I am new to this forum and am having the SAME EXACT PROBLEM. Was having problems receiving my email on my berry this morning so called AT&T (my provider) and after TWO HOURS on the phone w them, they finally fixed the problem -- only now, I can't back-up my Berry. Like the other posters, it gets stuck and stops at SOCIAL-FEED. While I was on hold w AT&T, I had updated my desktop manager and I think that compounded the issue. The last time I backed-up was in February but now the new desktop manager says that I've NEVER backed up my device. Nice. I'm on this site specifically for this problem -- can somone help out? I'm nervous about doing much else as I spent over 2 hours on this issue and don't want my Berry wiped out, esp when it looks like I don't have my backups. Is there a IT person trolling this boards?!
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930

[ Edited ]

Hi, I solved after trying and trying and trying in different ways connecting the BB to the software PC, pulling out the battery, restarting it and trying and trying... BUT, the best advice I can give you right now, GET A FREAKING iPHONE. Blackberry SUCKS at this moment, they forgot their users, I give one more year to Blackberry to be out of the market, they don't even have Skype, I got an iPod and next week I'm getting an iPhone and so happy of putting my BB in the trash can. Sorry RIM, but you SUCK right now, you forgot your users.

My Device: Not Specified

New Contributor
My Device: BB9900
My Carrier: Smart Communications

The link for the fix doesn't seem to work.  Can you please repost the link.  I am having the same problem with my BB getting stuck on Social Feeds.

A work around is to manually backup the phone and deselecting Social Feeds from the list but with an update this doesn't work because the phone does a full back up and "social feeds" cannot be deselected.

New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: rogers

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do;jsessionid=506457F093904C77B3A373FF165C00E3?...

I think it was just the way the url was pasted in the original link. This link says there is a way to unselect social feeds in back up mode.

Good luck!
New Contributor
My Device: Passport + PlayBook 64
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi All,

I had exactly the same problem, Bold got stuck on backup on 'social feeds'.

I have never used that app, so I was quite surprised, why it happened, do I searched over the internet and found this forum.

Finally I managed to fix the problem using 'Clear Data' option from BB Desktop Software, then 'selected data' radio button, then found and checked 'social feeds' - showed 1 record, then unchecked 'backup data before clearing', then OK

Worked out

I could make the full backup after all.

Best Regards

Mac

MacBerry
New Contributor
My Device: BB9900
My Carrier: Smart Communications

Awesome! This method worked! Thanks, Mac!!
My Device: Torch 9860

BUT how i can cancel or stop the backup?? That sh*t start automatic!
Please help me i have more than 30 hours with my cellphones stuck! If i reboot or take off the battery the back up start automatic.
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Delete social feeds from your blackberry, restart your blackberry, and everything will work out fine (it hangs at sms cause it's actually hanging at social feeds but the status hasn't updated.  disconnect your blackberry while it's hanging and you'll see social feeds is the culprit.