Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: HELP!!! Blackberry Bold, using Mac

I do not see any blackberry devices being mounted in the finder window. I tried resetting it and "forgetting" my blackberry then went through the set up again but it still came up saying mass storage not turned on... :/
Highlighted
Retired
My Device: Bold 9000

Can you eject and unplug your BlackBerry, and then plug it back in?

Then, can you take a screenshot of your Finder window, and also a screenshot of what it shows in BlackBerry Desktop Manager, in the Music sync screen?

Check your inbox for how to send the screenshots to me. 

------------------------------------------------------
New Contributor

I've sent the screenshots. Let me know what you think. Thanks so much for helping me out!
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000

I'm having the same problem. I've ejected the Bold, changed the mass storage settings from on to off, then back to on again, replugged in the Bold. . . . Desktop Manager will recognize the device and recognize the memory card, but every time I click Sync it claims mass storage mode is off.

I'm running Snow Leopard 10.6.1 on an iMac. The Bold is plugged into one of the iMac's rear ports (NOT the low-power keyboard ports).

Please help! Thanks.... 

Retired

Hmmm........ ya that is totally screwed up. I got your screenshots.

So long as you have these Memory settings on your BlackBerry, it should work:

Media Card Support:  On
Encryption Mode:  None
Mass Storage Mode Support:  On
Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected:  Yes

When your BlackBerry is ejected/disconnected, scroll to the very bottom, and see if there is a section called Media Card. It should look something like
this:

Media Card
Total Space: 3.7GB

Free Space 1.7GB 

You can start fresh and erase everything on the media card -format it by pressing the BlackBerry menu -> Format.

Then, unplug and reconnect your BlackBerry to your Mac. 

See if that helps. 

------------------------------------------------------
New Contributor

Yeah I tried that myself, I have tried to reformat the memory card multiple times but it has never changed the outcome the same thing pops up, this is so strange. :/

That is a bummer that you are having trouble with the same thing.  We both have Bolds and are running snow leopard.  Maybe everyone that has this combination is having troubles also, hmm i wonder. 

Thanks for trying to figure it out deepblade, i appreciate it. 

Contributor

Are you guys with snow using 64bit mode? If so try 32bit for sync as there appears to be a known issue with 64bit and BBDM.
New Contributor

What are 64 bit and 32 bit mode and how do you change them?
New Contributor

Thanks for the idea though, I just need to know how to change it.
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000

Latest update: I am not running Snow Leopard in 64-bit mode. Blackberry Desktop Manager is not-64-bit, so I do not have the option to run it in 32-bit mode (as with Safari, for example). I did try running it in Rosetta, but it just hung while trying to connect to the Bold.

More important, though, is that the problem seems to be at a lower level than the Blackberry Desktop Manager software. The Bold is not even appearing on the Desktop, and no drives are mounting. My impression is that with an SD card and mass storage enabled, *two* drives should mount when the Bold is plugged in.

I've seen elsewhere the suggestion that the USB port doesn't have enough power for the Bold, but again I'm using the iMac's rear USB ports, NOT the keyboard ports.