09-08-2012 04:44 PM
Hi. Would really appreciate some help. I have brought a new Blackberry 9810 however in the first instance I was unable to make a Blackberry ID. I sorted this problem by buying a new sim card, however after this I was unable to download the Blackberry App store. Since this I took the phone to a local repair shop, whom rebooted the OS software, however still could not download the App store.
Since this being done i am now having two more different errors appear. One is when i go to 'Set up' on the main menu an error appears: "Error starting net_rim_bb_toolkit: Module 'net_rim_bbid_common' not found" I cannot do anything with regards to my BBID. HELP?!?!
The second is when i click on 'Blackberry Protect' again on the main menu this message appears: "Error starting net_rim_bb_dryad_gui: Module 'net_rim_bbid_api' not found. HELP again?!?!
I was really looking forward to trying out a Blackberry phone, moving from an Iphone, however at the moment im just upset and want my Iphone, without any faults back. I HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP ME PLZZZZZZ!!!!!
Solved! Go to Solution.
09-08-2012 04:52 PM
First you need to reinstall the OS. I don't know what the people at the phone repair store did but you shouldn't get those errors.
1. I recommend the 7.1 OS from here: Choose the 9810 model and the 126.96.36.1998 version and download it.
2. If you have data on the device you want to keep then do a manual backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion and unplug BlackBerry. You can get BlackBerry Desktop Software here http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/
3. Download the OS file from step 1 to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
4. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml." Also check the following locations for vendor.xml files and delete any instances of the file:
On Windows Vista/7 navigate to C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)
On Windows XP navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)
5. Please do a clean OS reload and use BBSAK from BBSAK.org and wipe the device (after doing a complete backup) then after you get the error 507 (no OS installed) then proceed to next step.
6. Plug in BlackBerry and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader
This will reinstall the latest OS to your device. Once that is done you'll need to make sure you have a BlackBerry BIS data plan on your account. Contact O2 to make sure this is provisioned.
09-08-2012 05:49 PM
09-08-2012 05:51 PM
09-08-2012 06:38 PM