Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Celcom

HELP!!Can BlackBerry Bold 9780 set and use as Wifi Hotspot?

Hi all,

I would like to ask whether the BB bold 9780 can set as Wifi hotspot and let other laptop connect to my BB phone and go to Internet?

Thank you for your help.

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: HELP!!Can BlackBerry Bold 9780 set and use as Wifi Hotspot?

Nope, not as a WiFi hotspot, sorry.

But, you can use the device as a modem for your laptop.

Article ID: KB05178 Support for tethered modem use

Article ID: KB12544 Connect a computer to the Internet using a BlackBerry smartphone as a Bluetooth IP Modem

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Celcom

Hi all,

Are there any new model of blackberry smart phone that can support wifi hotspot?

Please advice.

Thank you.

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

All the new model devices supports Wi-Fi. But they can't be uses as Wi-Fi router.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

My Device: 8003
My Carrier: Blackberry

Good day!They certainly went all out with this travel app for your BlackBerry. Wait till you see all the remarkable things you can do with this application. In this thorough review it becomes quite evident there were great measures taken to compile this information and facilitate all your travel needs.

With over 100,000 hotels across the globe this BlackBerry travel app can be your personal travel assistant to monitor your upcoming flights, store travel records, share travel activities using LinkedIn and check the weather forecasts in your area and places you intend to visit.

Regards,

[url=http://www.junespringmultimedia.com] search engine optimization experts [/url]

My Device: 8003
My Carrier: Blackberry

They certainly went all out with this travel app for your BlackBerry. Wait till you see all the remarkable things you can do with this application. In this thorough review it becomes quite evident there were great measures taken to compile this information and facilitate all your travel needs.

With over 100,000 hotels across the globe this BlackBerry travel app can be your personal travel assistant to monitor your upcoming flights, store travel records, share travel activities using LinkedIn and check the weather forecasts in your area and places you intend to visit.

Regards.
[url=http://www.junespringmultimedia.com] search engine optimization experts [/url]