Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700 Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

Re: HELP! Glitched white screen.

The problem with the ribbon cable may be Bold specific.  

See:http://www.blackberryforums.com/blackberry-help/255530-white-screen-death-fixed-electrical-tape.html

for pictures and lots of thanks from other that this corrected.  

Agreed on off warranty only fixes like this.

Anyone trying their own replacement of Bold LCD might as well tape it while opening up to get the correct model number off the back of the display.  Tape is even cheaper than an ebay LCD....See my comments on being able to connect via USB and BB Desktop as further qualifiers to trying this -- also likely necessary conditions to predict a successful ful screen replacement.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Pearl 8100 -> Bold 9000 -> Bold 9780 -> Bold 9930 -> Bold 9780 -> Bold 9900 -> Q10
My Carrier: Fido Canada

The ribbon cable in this case is invariably the biggest culprit here, but since the break in the foil at the bends is surely not fixed by the tape. It only acts as a temporary fix that will inevitably return, and when it does it will almost be impossible to get a reconnection of the same broken and now expanded or stretched foil. 

So, unless you want to be faced with this problem again at a later date, use that warranty before it runs out or replace the screen.

Remember, There is never a stupid question, just stupid answers.

("If any advice that was offered by me helped, Please click on the Thumbs up on the post or click Accept as Solution. Thanks and it was nice to help you out ")

Visitor
My Device: Bold 9700

Hi, I have the same problem and have installed the desktop software as advised above.
For 2) On your PC, go to Start > Run and copy and paste the following line exactly (meaning with the quotation marks):
i tried this but did not find anything. are there supposed to be quotation marks on both ends? i pasted the link in the search bar and pressing Start.

Can you elaborate more on this please?
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Pearl 8100 -> Bold 9000 -> Bold 9780 -> Bold 9930 -> Bold 9780 -> Bold 9900 -> Q10
My Carrier: Fido Canada

That is exactly the command to use if you are running 32 bit Windows.

"c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader.exe" /nojvm

If you are running 64 bit Windows, use the following command.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\loader.exe" /nojvm

Quotes and all..

Remember, There is never a stupid question, just stupid answers.

("If any advice that was offered by me helped, Please click on the Thumbs up on the post or click Accept as Solution. Thanks and it was nice to help you out ")