Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: 8900 javelin curve
My Carrier: XL indonesia

HELP HELP App world icon disappeared

My App World icon has disappeared from desktop while uptdating to ver 3.1.0.56. I have checked this forums and it seems it's a widespread problem and the solution is to wipe the cell phone software and then reinstall everything.

However, I am not satisfied with this solution as: 1 - I paid a lot of money for a work instrument that is software prorietary; 2 - I have no computer I can use to install BB software as I am running Linux; 3 - RIM has been aware of this bug some time but yet hasn't done anything to fix it or avoid it in the future.

So my question now is: is there another way to make my icon reappear or should I just replace my and all my employees' cell phones with Android ones?

Regular Contributor
My Device: 9300 Curve
My Carrier: Vodacom SA

Re: HELP HELP App world icon disappeared

Have a look at the post above - it depends on which version you're talking about. A lot of people were having problems with version .56 and then installing the BB ID app after doing the update. Then with version .58, a lot of people had the problem with the AppWorld icon disappearing after the upgrade. If this is your problem, then you can simply go to http://appworld.blackberry.com/ on your phone and install version .56 from there and that should overwrite .58 to .56. Hope this helps...