Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

HELP!!! I HAVE AN 8700C

I HAVE BEEN USING THIS BB FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS WITH NO PROBLEMS, NOW ALL OF A SUDDEN I'M GETTING A RED SOS AND IT STOPPED RECOGNIZING MY SIM CARD...I PUT MY SIM CARD IN MY OLD PHONE AND IT WORKS FINE....I'VE TRIED RESETTING BY TAKING BATTERY OUT, I'VE EVEN TAKEN IT IN TO AT&T......HOW DO I GET RID OF THIS SOS???
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: HELP!!! I HAVE AN 8700C

Hi and Welcome!

First off -- all caps is the same as yelling when doing text-based messaging (including posting in this forum). Is that your intent? To scream your inquiry at the top of your lungs?

Second -- this particular forum is one for general forum feedback and ideas. Your issue seems to be device-related...I suggest you post over in the correct forum for your device.

Best,

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................

Sorry, had my caps lock on, did not intend to SCREAM.  And it would be helpful if you were not so snippy....I am new to this forum and have no idea where to go with my question...a little help and sympathy would be much better.
Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

its a known issue with the 8700, i haven't heard of it being an issue as much when the software is upgrade to 4.5

go to options > about and tell me the version details..

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~

looks like v4.10.194 (platform 20.0.90)
Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

you need to 100% upgrade ur device version from ur carriers website Smiley Very Happy
***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

brownie2201 wrote:
Sorry, had my caps lock on, did not intend to SCREAM.  And it would be helpful if you were not so snippy....I am new to this forum and have no idea where to go with my question...a little help and sympathy would be much better.

Oh dear oh dear -- I am so terribly sorry to have come off as unhelpful. As you can see, the Mods have moved this thread (thank you Mods!!) over to the appropriate forum so that the right experts can see it and provide you with assistance. Best of luck...and I do apologize if I came off snippy..such was not my intent.

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................

no worries, but sometimes you just have to remember that people who come to a site like this may know absolutely nothing about how things work, such as all caps meant screaming!  I was just looking for a little help, and hopefully when I download the newest version of the software, that will solve the problem.
Highlighted
Hall of Famer III

[ Edited ]

Yes, hopefully that will work for you.

FWIW -- just so you also know, the all caps thing is in no way unique to this forum or site. It has become a rather universal way of indicating yelling via text when communicating via any internet-based system. This includes SMS, email, and virtually any other method of communicating via non-verbal text-based means. So, while that includes this forum, it also includes a multitude of other arenas that are not associated with this site. There is indeed an entire Wiki that discusses how it has evolved.(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_caps)

Peace.

Message Edited by sdgardne on 04-10-2009 03:10 PM