Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

HELP!! I can't connect my Blackberry to my gmail account....

I just replaced my Blackberry Curve 8310 with another (I broke mine this morning)!  I can't get my emails from Gmail to connect to by phone.  It worked perfectly fine on my other phone but I can't get this one to work. 

Any help would be appreciated!

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

Re: HELP!! I can't connect my Blackberry to my gmail account....

You need to log onto the blackberry individual Solution website page thats associated with ur particular carrier.

It will then ask for your username and password you created. If you can;'t remember it, call ur carrier and they can tell u the username and reset ur password.

Once you are in, you need to update the PIN and IMEI number to the new device.

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
New Contributor

I don't understand your answer.  I have logged on to Gmail and it gives me specific instructions as to how to forward messages to my Blackberry.  I have followed them exactly and each time I input my email address and password it get a message that reads "An error occurred during email account validation.  Please check your information and try again.  If the error persists please contact your email account provider".  I can't contact Gmail......there are no phone numbers for assistance.

Please advise.

Forums Advisor III

A carrier is who ur phone is with, eg: vodafone, optus, AT&T, verizon..

You need to log onto your CARRIERS website, log into the account and change the pin and imei to it. Unless you set it up a different way..

please read here: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=BlackBerryInternetSolution&message.id...

or this::

Unable to receive email messages from an associated Google Gmail email account on the BlackBerry sma...

Failing that, call your CARRIER who will have a support number and they can walk you through it step by step.

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
New Contributor

My carrier is AT&T and they state that this is a Gmail issue, not theirs or that of Blackberry.  I didn't have a problem when I purchased my first Blackberry (exactly the same as the one I have now).  Contacting AT & T doesn't do me any good.  Can you simply explain how to make this work.  My email address and password have been unchanged, so why would I have to change anything with AT & T?
Forums Advisor III

AT&T have a website which links your blackberry to your gmail account.

Did you read the link i put in?????? Unable to receive email messages from an associated Google Gmail email account on the BlackBerry smartphone

It had very simple instructions but here are some more simply ones....

First thing is, do you have data connection? on the top right hand corner it should say EDGE in capitals, or 3G with 4 little data dots.. What do you see here?????

If you had followed my instructions you would have understood this.

On the account side of things, it has your old blackberry IMEI and PIN number. it won't automatically pick up your new device.

SO... go to the website and we will start from scratch.

here is the AT&T click on it now.

Create a new account for the BIS site.

It will also ask you for your IMEI and PIN number. This is found on ur device under options > status.

Then create a user name and password. Make it something easy like username: firstnamewithsurnameletter and a password u can easily remember.

It will also ask you for your IMEI and PIN number. This is found on ur device under options > status.

Finally you will need to add in ur Gmail email by going to 'add existing email'

Then you will be done.. Please follow these instructions.

OR
~Gday from Down Under~
My Device: Blackberry Tour
My Carrier: Verizon

I've had the same problem and this is how i fixed mine.
Go to manage Connections 
Turn off All connections
now go back to the email set up 
type in your password
it'll ask you if its okay to connect to the internet, say yes
and hopefully it'll register your gmail account on your blackberry Smiley Very Happy

My Device: curve 8300
My Carrier: sprint

Smiley Happy finally some simple instructions after reading thousands of complicated instructions. thanks a millionSmiley Very Happy

Highlighted
My Device: 8330
My Carrier: us cellular

My email was off for 4 days before I tried to go to account setting on my gmail account and clicked on security and set  the 2-step verification to OFF and the problem cleared up imediatly...

My Device: 8330
My Carrier: us cellular

My email was off for 4 days before I tried to go to gmail account setting on my gmail account and clicked on security link and set  the 2-step verification to OFF and the problem cleared up imediatly...