Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 8320 gold

HELP!!! INTERFACE PROBLEMS WITH 8300 :(

I have a 8300 curve and very recently its been acting very weird by doing the following:

1. trackball click only works occassionally

2. it strangely brings up menus even when i havent selected that option as yet

3. sometimes it automatically activates the voice dialing feature even when im just trying to dial a number

4. when in the bb messenger it enters the message before im even finished typing it constantly.

all in all its been acting this way and wont stop it happened very suddenly is it a circuit board problem or button issue? not very familiar with the technology and no one has been able to assist me with it...please somebody gimme something i can try to solve it. Smiley Sad

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: HELP!!! INTERFACE PROBLEMS WITH 8300 :(

[ Edited ]

Hi and welcome to the forums! 

No data will be lost when doing the following: pull the battery while the device is ON.

Replace after a minute, Let the device reboot 1-3 min, see if the problem is fixed, Thanks 

If you need more info please ask!  If not please resolve the thread using the options by the Kudos’ star.

Just place the check in the Post that answered your question.

Thanks  

Message Edited by Bifocals on 11-04-2008 08:21 PM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

hello bf thanks for the welcome! i've tried that numerous times with no luck anything else i could try? could it be a hardware problem or software problem? this issue has only started occurring in the past 3 days. before that it has had no real issues at all.
Guru I

If you didn't pull the battery this time,

go to options/status and send me the file free and file total numbers

Thanks

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

New Contributor

file free:  14484623 bytes

file total: 55443456 bytes

doesnt seem to be a low storage space issue, wish you could actually see what the issue is. even navigating the application menu can be difficult as it sometimes selects applications before me acctually entering. also the backlight also comes on for no apparent reason occasionally. also when receiving calls it does not light up even though that option is selected.

Guru I

Hi,

Actually your memory IS low. 15mb is considered minimum. I usually run in the 30's with 5 apps.

However, I have not see a thread that describes your problems due to memory. You can try reloading

the device OS, and see if the problems are fixed. The other option is to take it back to the vendor

(if under warranty) and request a new, not refurbished, device.  Let me know how you want to proceed.

OK?

Thanks

New Contributor

oh thanks i will try loading the os first links as to where to get the os from, also how do i tell what version my bb runs? its a silver 8300 curve as i mentioned, also its not under warranty being that i do not live in america however the phone is from at&t but is under a caribbean carrier i reside in jamaica. i appreciate all the help you have been giving me so far.