Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 8250
My Carrier: Vodaphone

HELP!!! KEYBOARD PROBLEMS

Hi i have a blackberry and everytime i type i get other letters with it my phone then locked and i cant unlock it the backspace believes its an enter key everytime i type a b i also get a $ and basically every key is like this and the enter key only works if you hold it down. but i know cant unlock my phone. is there anyway to fix this whether its leave the battery out for a while, or taking it apart i will do anything to get it to work. HELP!

My Device: Blackberry Curve 8530
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Re: HELP!!! KEYBOARD PROBLEMS

I'm having the EXACT SAME PROBLEM with my blackberry 8530!!!!! I've taken the battery out and updated it through this websites blackberry software and still nothing!!!!! I don't know what to do and I thought for a while the alt button was stuck but I don't know if that's it for sure!!!! I'm locked out of my phone and I need serious help!!!!

New Contributor
My Device: 8250
My Carrier: Vodaphone

Re: HELP!!! KEYBOARD PROBLEMS

i have to keep rebooting it taking the battery out!! im now getting an iphone because the phone is broken and cant be fixed it has to be replaced and rather than get another blackberry id rather have a phone that works. and yeah i cant use alt, luckly i have a fancy smiley app which has letters because my P doesnt work in fact if i press it, it deletes everything ive typed. if your getting weird letters aswell then it takes about 15 reboots and i left the battery out for 5 hours and i finally have normal type except for the p and alt button and my delete button doesnt work so i have to select all i want to remove and then retype over it. its a nightmare!!!!!!!!!!!!!! blackberry people if you see this your phones are **bleep**, i will never have one again and you need to get instagram scratch that all apps available to us i cant use half the apps that i would like to. sort it out!