Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry bold 9900
My Carrier: o2

HELP LOST /STOLEN PHONE

Hi all

i am after help as i have lost my bb bold 9900 

i lost it last week i reported it lost and its been barred etc as they said they couldnt track it as the gps wasnt enabled which i didnt know i had to have on all the time!!

the police cant track it with it being blocked but seems they wouldnt be able to either with the gps tracker not on,

but my mrs has just sent a bbm to it and it went through so they person that has got it is obviously using it,

is there anyway of it being tracked via the imei number or bbm pin?

this is somebody local to my house who has got this as it must have dropped from my pocket going to my car literally 30yds from my house.

we rang it when realised it wasnt in the pocket it rang a few times before who ever has it turned it off.

its not about the phone really its all the pics on it of my family kids etc,

o2 cant track it with pim or iemi number and havent got a number for bb can anyone help or advise please

regards

steve

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: HELP LOST /STOLEN PHONE

O2 CAN track it, they just won't.

As for tracking it, you're probably out of luck. As for getting your media back, you'd only be able to do so via a data backup done with BlackBerry Desktop Software or BlackBerry Protect.

Cheers. Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

i thought the same and the police said the same and o2 said they cant lol so i sorta knew that to be honest lol

same old same old big company can do things to help but wont!.

how do you do a data back up with out the phone?

cheers

steve

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Without the phone, you can't do a data backup.

Cheers. Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

so back to square one then lol cheers

note to self if get another make sure to back up phone regular 

cheers