Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: blackberry bold 9700

HELP! My BB bold 9700 keeps freezing when I try to start it!!!

When i turn on my phone, the red light goes on, and the blackberry "sign" comes up while a line is charging. And after that it freezes, and dont go any further to log on. It has been freezing like this since dec 31.

My phone is only a couple of weeks old. And I think its fully charged, because I have charged it with the wall carger and the usb, but I have never seen the lightning bolt sign.

And this problem started after the battery went flat:

I`ve tried to take the battery out, tried to restart it, tried to leave the battery out for 24 houers.

Is there anyone who can help me with this problem??   Have anyone gone trough the same with their phone?

Visitor
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: HELP! My BB bold 9700 keeps freezing when I try to start it!!!

actually this problem worse than what makes me search this forum

I suggest to take it to the store that you bought it from and discuss this issue with them, it might be manufacturer defect

wish you all the best

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry 9700 bold
My Carrier: Tmobile

I called Tmobile tech support and they can do nothing for me, My BBerry 9700 rebooted it's self and won't load past the two thirds on the progress bar, and won't load any further.  They told me it was defective and no one can do anything.  No I have to buy a new phone, and I have only had this one for two months.  PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Visitor
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: MTN SOUTH AFRICA

I had my phone for 14days and it did the very same thing. It loaded half way and froze.Took it into my service provider in South Africa. They told me that they will send it in for repairs. It went in and they now telling me that i will get a refurbished phone. Think about it, I send in a brand new phone and I get a second hand regurbished one returned to me. How unfair isnt that.

I am the 1st in my family to own a BB and was telling all to get one. Guess what? NO MORE.

Thanks BlackBerry but I don't think I will re-newing my relationship with you.

My Device: BB Bold 9700
My Carrier: Claro

I renewed my conract a week and a half ago. Received the wrong phone (BB 8520 instead of a BB 9700). I personaly went to custumer service here in puerto rico and took about three hours just to change from one model to another. After such an enormous hastle finally received the correct phone. Ok till now not happy but everybody knows how dificult providers may be. Got home started transfering contacts fron one phone to another (the old school way, manualy, just to get the feeling of my phone). Next morning screen went white. I have taken of the battery, verified the battery on my wife's phone, nothing. Tried my battery on phone works great. Questio. Does anybody have some ideas for this because my provider is just working their way around to avoid giving me a new phone. Please, new some advice of BB 9700 user. Is this model all it says it is.